NEW SNAP CHAIN IN PROGRESS

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by electrobloom, Aug 25, 2011.

1. electrobloom
    electrobloom Member
    Hi,
    I've been working on a customisable jewellery collection.

To expand the collection I've been developing a chain that snaps together which the same charms can also fit onto. The first proto arrived the other day and generally I'm pleased. :) Needs some minor adjustments but it's getting there!

I'm also trying to think of a way that each single link (the S hook) could also be used as a bail for a pendent necklace! Any ideas?

5 links form a bracelet, Here's a picture.

SNAP CHAIN PROTO.JPEG

Thanks, Mark.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  2. Hey Mark,
    I like the look of this and the concept. Clipping things on using sprung clasp's has worked well for me in WSF. I have used sprung style clasp's in a few different configurations with great success. I would think connecting the charms in this manor is the way to go. Looks like your already heading in that direction? Also I love your presentation/Photography. Looking forward to seeing more. Take care.

Leigh

3. electrobloom
    electrobloom Member
    Thanks Leigh for the advice and compliments, it's much appreciated, especially as I also really like the work you're doing. You have a fantastic collection, I love them all!

WSF is a great material and I've been re-working the link to make it finer and snappier, I'll upload new pictures soon.

Mark.

4. electrobloom
    electrobloom Member
    I think I've finally got somewhere with the chain link!
    SNAP CHAIN MOD1.JPEG
    Tolerances are probably at the minimum for WSF, only way to find out for sure is to get some test prints done, here goes!
    Mark.

5. electrobloom
    electrobloom Member
    Hi,

The new chain link samples arrived and they work! Each link connects together nicely to form a chain and the charms fix easily onto each link.

This is going to give so many more customizable options!

ANNA SNAP CHAIN BRACELET PROTO1.JPEG

6. electrobloom
    electrobloom Member
    This is how the new link also works as a bail, allowing the charms to be worn as a pendant on any chain! The flower is also new, Anna is available here.

ANNA SNAP CHAIN BAIL PROTO1.JPEG

Thanks, Mark.

7. electrobloom
    electrobloom Member
    Hi,
    Well I've just received a box of new samples :eek: which included the revised snap chain links x6.

The last version didn't quite have the spring I wanted so I made some tiny (tiny) adjustments to get it just right.

I'm now pleased with the result, the links snap together nicely and the charms feel secure when attached. Shown below with a new charm 'Judy'.

JUDY SNAP CHAIN BRACELET.JPEG

Let me know what you think.

Mark.

8. Wow very nice!

Is very lovely, nice the combination with the chain and the flowers, you can know play with colours combinations!

Good job!! :p

Dario

9. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    The way the ornate flower and the more industrial looking chain go together is fascinating.

Exciting watching this evolve! :)

10. electrobloom
    electrobloom Member
    Hi Ana & Dario,
    Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

Combining different colours will really make each piece distinct and I'll be doing more visuals to show the possibilities.

Simply adding new charms and components helps the collection evolve exponentially, so many options!

I've also been working on new photos of the rings. Here's one of Rachel in indigo

INDIGO RACHEL RING MODEL SHOT 01 SW.PNG

Happy holidays! :D

Mark.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  11. 45485_deleted
    45485_deleted Member
    Looks really an amazing designs that are. Do you have some more attractive designs??

12. electrobloom
    electrobloom Member
    Thanks for your comment, the full collection can be found here. Hopefully you'll find something you like. :)
    Mark.

13. electrobloom
    electrobloom Member
    Hi,
    I received a new box of samples,(always exciting!) including the Snap Chain bracelet in Black Strong & Flexible which now works and looks great, ready for sale!

The charms snap securely and simply onto any link in the chain, you could add a different charm onto every link!

BLACK ANNA FLOWER CHARM ON BLACK SNAP CHAIN BRACELET.PNG

It's now available in my shop, with or without a charm.

The 2 versions are here:
    Snap chain Bracelet.
    Snap Chain Bracelet featuring Anna.

2 bracelets connected together make a fantastic short necklace and a single link also works as a bail so you can hang one of the charms from any chain necklace you may have.

So many options, I've yet to play with different colours to make multi coloured chains!

Until next time, enjoy, :)

Mark.