Wiki for FAQs, tutorials, guides, finishing tips, what-have-you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 35824_deleted, Aug 14, 2011.

1. 35824_deleted
    35824_deleted Member
    3d Print Wiki at https://sites.google.com/site/3dprintfaq/

No, it's not a new idea:
    No, no, not at all new:
    Oooh, and someone tried it already:
    Ok, here it comes again, second try:
    • Don't you think that it gets increasingly more difficult to find the relevant forum posts back?
    • Don't you think that there is a lot of important info buried deep in the ever-growing forum noise?
    • Don't you think that the same FAQs are posted over and over again?
    Well, I do ...

... and have just created a litte FAQ Wiki (on Google sites) and added some initial structure and content. It's actually quite easy to use with WYSIWYG and everything. If you ever did a Word document, you can do it. Lots of other options to beef it up with gadgets and scripts and more ....

Given that it's meant to be a wiki, I would herewith like to invite interested parties to join as a contributor. There is no automatic registration at this time, just drop me a PM with your email address and I'll set you up.

The site uses Google's login for authentication, I would therefore need your email address (not necessarily a Gmail, I believe) to hook you up.

The URL https://sites.google.com/site/3dprintfaq/ is still a bit long, but we have the option to change it if we can find some co-editors and fill it with content.

And last not least, a question to the Shapeways rep's and lawyers: What are the licensing terms and conditions for copying / transferring / referencing "your" site content, including the forum posts?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Similar thought:
    So yes! If time permits, I'd be happy to contribute :)

3. 35824_deleted
    35824_deleted Member
    Thanks for getting a heavy-weight on board.

Don't forget to mention your email address, please.

4. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator