Heya folks

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by eSculpt, Aug 8, 2011.

1. eSculpt
    eSculpt Member
    Hey guys, I'm new here, trying out the prints on some small projects and hopefully soon I'll have some awesome products in my shop to offer the community.

:D

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Welcome,

What kind of items are you working on?

3. eSculpt
    eSculpt Member
    currently a few figurines and busts, and a few rings. But I'm having to redesign a bunch of the rings because I wasn't checking them properly for the correct wall thickness. :)

what's your specialty here on shapeways youknowwho?

4. Youknowwho4eva
    I specialize in trying to help everyone :p. As far as modeling, I dab in a little bit of everything, but right now I'm into rings myself. I made one and I want to make more (working on 2 possibly 3 right now) Here's the ring I designed that inspired me to make more https://www.shapeways.com/model/262406/the_ring.html?gid=ug

5. eSculpt
    eSculpt Member
    Wow. Stunning work you did there, I'm sure she must really really love it :)

But I'm actually here on shapeways to design a ring for someone special myself. I've ordered a couple of prototypes printed of draft ideas so I can see what is possible and what isn't, but considering the time it takes to print and deliver I'm kinda stressing about the whole thing. Only 2 months until her birthday you see..

I'm kinda set on this design, https://www.shapeways.com/model/309781/t_s_ring_ii__fixed_siz e_.html
    Like I said, I'm just somewhat unsure of material limitations and such. Although I did try to be sure that the wall thicknesses were correct

6. Youknowwho4eva
    What material are you going with? Any material will have problems with those hearts, you should extend them down to the face of the ring. Looks like you have an inscription on the inside as well? Make sure you go through the material specs for rules on inscriptions. I ended up scraping a printed inscription on my ring as it has to be as wide as it is deep in silver.

7. eSculpt
    eSculpt Member
    well the prototypes I've ordered are all white strong&flexible.
    But there's a good chance that'll be able to print much more detail than the metals and I would like to have it in polished silver by the end of it.

But yeah I think I'll have to make some adjustments to the hearts like you said, though I did have a look at the inscription requirements, And I think it should be ok, I measured it out in netfabb and it's wider than it's deep so if I'm understanding correctly that would mean I'm good.

Thanks for having a look over my design though. Much appreciated

8. Youknowwho4eva
    Not a problem, for the inscription, I could just barely see it in the standard render so I figured I'd say to check it out :p. Hope to see it in the "it arrived" section soon! Mine took a while, but since then they have upped production.