nice place you guys have here

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by mrgm, Jul 30, 2011.

1. mrgm
    mrgm Member
    Thought I would intoduce myself; my name is Gerald and have been in the "3D world" for about 15 years. Have not done anything to complicated in scale or anything story driven. i am a designer for a P.E firm and have been for about 11 years. I have been using CAD based programs for about 20 years, so the 3d stuff pretty much go hand in hand.

I have upload a couple simple items to see how things work around here, so far so good. :D . did a test video also.

let me know what you think.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Gerald,

Very nice start. Have you been through the material specifications to make sure your items are printable? Some of them look pretty small. https://www.shapeways.com/materials/

Hope to see some prints in the "It Arrived" section soon!

3. mrgm
    mrgm Member
    thanks for the link. I did have an original tank that was pretty small. i had ordered it to get printed and was rejected but for some reason i just received in a delivery yesterday :p . I took some pictures and will post in the appropriate section. i will try to keep things thicker than a 1/16" if in the tuff stuff and thick for the lighter materials.

:)