Ring sizes chain

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by MuseumofSmallThings, Jul 18, 2011.

1. This is an idea we are thinking about, supplying retail stores that stock our rings with this custom ring sizing set. We like the first revision we just got back. I think i will tweak the design a bit if we go ahead with this idea.

[​IMG]

2. That's a great idea!

How big (top to bottom, in mm?) is the text on the rings? ...it turned out nicely defined.

3. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Nice way to take care of your clients, and make it easier to get your designs sold. I like!

4. Thanks Ana.

Marcus,
    the height of the text is 3.5mm high. I would recommend making the font bolder as it only just printed OK. It is a little sketchy still at this size and I would not trust it to print as nice if printed in a different orientation as can happen when objects to be printed are nested to fit into the printing area. I will be modifying the text to reflect this issue if we decide to go ahead with this product.

All the best, Leigh

5. PS. the above mentioned text refers to the indented text on the rings (XL, L, M, S, XS). The extruded text on the key fob turned out very nice and is only 2.5mm tall. Once again this may be dependent on its orientation when printed.

Leigh

6. Thanks Leigh, thats very helpful! I''m working on something for stainless steel, that I hope to show soon :)