Dog ID tag in Stainless Steel with Antique Bronze finish

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by 38918_deleted, Jul 15, 2011.

1. 38918_deleted
    38918_deleted Member
    At long last, I finally placed my first order through Shapeways. Even though I wanted to try out the process, I wanted to create something I would use instead of some knick knack that would further clutter my house.

Every year a group of internet friends from a dog forum get together to participate in a fundraising walk benefiting the American Cancer Society. Prior to out first walk, I created a logo for our teams shirts. The "Team American Mastiff" logo was created in AutoCad. I then used AutoCad to convert the logo into a 3d object.

I really happy with how the tag came out and wish I had spent the extra money to get it printed in silver. I'm going to try to polish the tag and fill the reliefs with paint or enamel

Original tee shirt design
    [​IMG]

ID tag
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Team American Mastiff
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  2. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Nice! Did your team members love it?

3. 38918_deleted
    38918_deleted Member
    I posted pics on the dog forum and got lots of good responses. The couple people who have seen and held the actual tag have all been very impressed. I can foresee Shapeways becoming an expensive website for me.

4. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    Looks good!

Keep in mind that if you polish it, you will likely take off the bronze finish.

Lincoln