waves hi

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 91317_deleted, Jul 10, 2011.

1. 91317_deleted
    91317_deleted Member
    HI Everyone. I'm an in dependent jeweller working in Winnipeg, Canada. I am just moving from traditional bench work <a href="https://www.BryanJohnson.ca" target="_blank"></a> to CAD. I am super excited to be involved in shapeways! I am absolutely fascinated to watch and participate in this system as it evolves and grows. I am also looking forward to interacting with fellow shapeways artists as some of the pieces on this system are absolutely amazing. And did I mention that I am really happy to be here?

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Hi Bryan,

Welcome to Shapeways!

Paul
    (a fellow Shapie! (and ACDC fan ;))

3. 91317_deleted
    91317_deleted Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Those are some seriously awesome designs in your shop.

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Thanks Bryan. You have some wonderful pieces on your website too!

5. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hey Bryan, welcome!

Let me know if you need any help while you're getting settled in. :)

6. 91317_deleted
    91317_deleted Member
    Hi Anna,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Is it OK to add you as a buddy so I have a go to person in case I run into problems? So far other members have been really great about helping me find where everything is and how to do the basic uploading and pricing sorts of things (big thanks to stop4stuff).

I'm really excited about being here and the potential of this project. I'm a bench jeweller by training. I am used to producing by hand in gold and silver. It's taking a little bit of getting used to designing for the various materials available here in order to properly work with their design requirements. But that's part of the fun. I've never had this incredible variety of materials available to work with before. It's so exciting that I go to sleep at night thinking of all the cool new stuff I can be making.

I really hope the economic end of things works out. I haven't sold anything yet, but I've only been here a week and had a lot of false starts as I learn the design requirements of working in this system. I think shapeways has the potential to fundamentally change the way much of the world does business. I'm really excited to be part of that.

Cheers,
    B