I LOVE silver! (lots of photos)

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by LincolnK, Jul 5, 2011.

1. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    My first silver print came in, and I love it!

I am working on a bunch of other pieces now to be printed in silver.

HeartRibCage_Silver_1.jpg

HeartRibCage_Silver_2.jpg

HeartRibCage_Silver_3.jpg

This one is a big 2 inches wide, but is very light due to the design. I took it to an event yesterday, and it got great responses.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/276378/heart_pendant___3d_and _stylized.html?gid=ug

If you are interested in ordering one, please keep in mind that I am going to offer it at the current price for a limited time. Once all my stock comes in and I get it to the local stores, I will have to charge the same price here as it is going for in retail which will be over $200.

If I don't, the stores I am dealing with will of course get rather upset. So for now, you can get it direct from SW for around $70-$80.

Here it is pictured on a fabric that I also designed and had manufactured:

HeartRibCage_Silver_buddhaBG.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look at my work, and a BIG thanks to SW for offering this service!

Lincoln

2. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    Fantastic work!

3. jeff
    jeff Member
    i really dig the design, a skeletal heart is what i see and evokes a great emotional response. nicely done

4. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    @novaking this is really top notch.

I second Jeff's comment, great emotionality.

5. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    Thanks everyone!

I was going for an idea that it is for someone who's heart is so big that it fills the rib cage (metaphorically) and in essence this is a stylized heart shaped rib cage.

Hopefully this will make it into the front page and I'll get some sales of it. :)

I think the price I set for it is very fair when you look at what large silver pendants go for in stores.

Lincoln

6. I agree, very nice design. Was it designed with the holes at the top of the model (collar bone?) to allow the leather thong through? I see you don't have it threaded through that way. Keep them nice designs coming, well done.

7. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    The holes at the top are both for visual interest as well as for putting a chain or cord through.

The rubber cord that comes with it right now fits through those holes, but I decided that my personal preference was to have the cord go through the back.

I have some silver chains coming, and I am hoping that it will look good the other way with the chain. But either way, I am happy.

Lincoln

8. 48132_deleted
    48132_deleted Member
    Yeah I saw a heart with a rib cage design. Very nice design, almost gothic in some aspects. It would almost be cool to have another where something is suspended inside of it.

9. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    Thanks Roger.

I have thought about that, but it would have to be done by me after I get it since you can't have loose things inside each other in silver.

I have a different style heart with another heart loose in it in stainless steel. I am thinking about making a version of that with this heart design.

Lincoln

10. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
  11. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    Thanks for the compliment and the advice Dizingof.

But, I know nothing of Google stuff.

How do I do what you mentioned?

I'll see if I can find info online about it, but just in case, could you explain?

Lincoln

12. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    sure , it's simple

when you add pictures to your post , first add a link like this - write it's name or description

My model XYZ

move your mouse and select it all , click the link button on top (globe icon) and paste a link for your model - then ok

This will make "My model XYZ" a link .

now insert your images in between the tag like this: [code] [url=h...riving traffic to your pages.

13. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    Thanks for the info. I am still a bit confused though.

Do I save my photos to picasa or flickr or my blog, then do what you mentioned when I post about them here?

I used to design websites by typing HTML back in the day, but I don't really understand how google works.

Lincoln

14. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
  15. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    @ana i'm starting to feel transparent...
    what about my Steampunk dock for iPhone 4 ? :rolleyes:

(better pics on this forum)

@novaking

I prefer to host my images on photobucket as shapeways server is too slow at times and also you are limited to 5 images per post.

Its very easy to copy an image link from there and paste it to any forum post in between the

16. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    OK, I think I understand now. Thanks for explaining it to me.

Lincoln

17. pete
    pete Shapeways Employee CEO
    @dizingof - great advice.

If I were a shop-owner I would be listening!
    Perhaps you want to help and write a tutorial / blog about this??

kind regards,
    Pete

18. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Sure n/p

I'll also add how to tweak Google analytics to show a shop owner the actual FULL referring URLs to his shop

- this is very important, knowing where traffic comes from and which model may have created a buzz or a discussion on blogs/forums on the internet

Just yesterday i "struck gold"

19. mctrivia
    mctrivia Well-Known Member
    just click on refering site. there is a little icon to the left of the urls that will load the page that refered to your site.

To be specific in top left click on trafic sources -> refering site

will give list of domains. clicking on a domain will show individual pages. to load the page click on the symbol to the left of the url.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  20. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Duh..

I said FULL urls.. Google analytics will only show you referring domain names , not entire urls with variables such as forum threads, facebook walls etc..