Two Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 71218_deleted, Jun 18, 2011.

1. 71218_deleted
    71218_deleted Member
    Hello,

i have two problems with shapeways:

Fist - the thing whith 10 Working days is an april fool!

My last 3 Orders (from 19.5. - 26.5. for example)
    came all incompled. For some parts, the 10 days are not
    to hold.

Second - many part, we can order on the shops are not testet!
    Often same days after the oder came te message - this parts can not be printed.

I think shapeways should be sold only products, the can deliver.

I open no onlineshop, if i have this items not!

B.T.W. My english is not the best, i am german.

2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Hi,

The delivery time is variable depending on the material, what material did you order?
    The 10 days is their goal to deliver the item, but is also depended on whether an object has been printed before.
    They also have a limited capacity so during busy periods it can take a little while longer.

If a part of your order has been printed, but not all, depending on the time frame they might sent part of your order as a courtesy instead of delaying the whole order.

Order containing different materials can also be sent in different shipments.

For specifics on your order you can always contact service@shapeways.com with your ordernr and orderline nrs.

Regarding untested objects sold in shops.
    There are many software checks in place to prevent the rejection of models after ordering, but with the high variety of materials and specifications, it is difficult to make this fool-proof.

Furthermore it is the responsibility of the shop-owner and the buyer to sell and buy untested models.

Shapeways merely facilitates making the objects to real.
    But you can look around a shop to see if and how much experience with printing the shop-owner has.

I personally have the goal of testing as much designs as possible before I sell them, but it would be near impossible to test everything.

I see no reason for you to not open a shop though, what kind of models do you make?

Cheers,

Stijn

3. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    you should go work for Shapeways Stijn ;)

can't think of a better explanation!

4. 71218_deleted
    71218_deleted Member
    The delivery time is variable depending on the material, what material did you order?

- My materials are white strong and flexible, and ultra detail.
    - both are markt whith 10 Days
    - The white strong ... arrived, the other not!

5. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    From the shipping info:
    We try to get your product to you within 10 working days for the plastics.

And the ultra detail is a new material which has had some delays, from the recent blog post on that subject:

https://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/883-Frosted-DetailUlt ra-Detail-Next-Steps.html

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  6. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    Hello oldgamersf,

At the moment we are having some difficulties with the Frosted Detail and Ultra materials.

You are indeed right that it is marked as 10 days.

Because of the high demand of this material and the problems with the printer, Shapeways has got a big backlog with orders for this material.

In recent weeks our Management and Supply Chain Teams have worked tirelessly to resolve these backlogs but unfortunately we are not quite there yet.
    We are focusing on a more efficient prioritization and
    planning of orders as well as increasing the production capacity across all material types.

At present we cannot provide a revised delivery date but will strive to
    update you on this quickly.

Please rest assured that we are doing all we can to produce and ship
    your order as soon as we can.

I hope this helps you a little bit!
    And again, i'm sorry for the delay!

7. 71218_deleted
    71218_deleted Member
    Update!

Today is June 27th and my order of May 19 is still in production.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

8. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    oldgamersf,

Have you sended an email to service@shapeways.com?
    they can check your order and see whats happeing!

Mitchell

9. 71218_deleted
    71218_deleted Member
    Hello Mitchel,

this was a good idea. I wrote an email:

Where are my Orders? You have my money since weeks!!!
    i want to ask what is with my order from 19.05.2011?

Order Nr. 47477

an with my order from 06.08.2011?

Order Nr. 50320

Did i get it in the future or not, an in what future.

I thing you should take the money in future after working, like other onlineshops.

10. berrynaut
    berrynaut Member
    Maybe Shapeways could let everyone know what delays are happening, I think the not knowing, or not being aware of the delays when ordering creates the most frustration.

For example, I was unaware of the delay in the ceramics printing until I emailed support, and I'm putting off ordering more as I don't know how long it will be till the 15 day turnaround for ceramics will met.

Knowledge is the key here Shapeways!

btw - when are the ceramic orders happening? Anyone received theirs yet? It's been over a month of waiting patiently for me...

11. 80221_deleted
    80221_deleted Member
    same problem. we've been waiting on a ceramic order for over a month now. we would love to know when it is coming. this will probably prevent us from ordering ceramics in the future because it is hard to sell to customers when the turn around takes so long. on that note, they mentioned that ceramics would only be available for a limited time (until mid aug). it would be great to take advantage of printing the material while it lasts in case they decide to discontinue it. this delay makes it impossible as i am not going to test anything else until i see the results of my first order.

any updates on when those will be sent out?

12. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hey all, you're absolutely right. We need to do a better job of letting you know about delays pre-emptively. Based on your feedback, I'm rounding up some info from my team in Supply Chain Managemen. I hope to have a blog post up about this up for the community asap!

13. 71218_deleted
    71218_deleted Member
    New week, i am waiting and waiting .......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

14. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    Hi Guys,

The US office may be a little quiet today for the 4th of July but I have seen the early drafts of the update and I am sure they will have info to you ASAP.

thanks

15. 71218_deleted
    71218_deleted Member
    In Germany an in Dutch, were spapeways works, we have no Holliday on the 4th July. But to all americans, have a nice indipendenc day whit no aliens! :laughing:

16. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    In case you guys hadn't seen it already, an update on the status of all our materials is up on the blog.

Hope this sheds some light on things! Let me know if you have further questions.