FUD creating backlogs?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by tmcquaid, Jun 11, 2011.

1. tmcquaid
    tmcquaid Member
    Someone was telling me over at another forum that Fine Ultra Detail is in high demand and causing delays. I'd like the official story on this. I placed an order (48555) on May 28th and it's been listed as "in production" for a LONG time now. I'm concerned because I'm moving cross-country on July 8 and am worried I won't receive my order before I leave. I was mis-lead to beleive 10 days was as advertised. If it was going to be longer, I would not have placed this order.

-Todd

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Hi Todd,

Your best bet is to email service@shapeways.com and discuss any issues with the Customer Service team. Though bear in mind that you may not get a reply til Netherlands business hours on Monday.

Cheers,
    Paul

3. tmcquaid
    tmcquaid Member
    Thanks Paul. Email sent. We'll see what happens.

-Todd

4. tmcquaid
    tmcquaid Member
    Still no response to my email. Not very impressed with the customer service thus far.

-Todd

5. stop4stuff
    Did your issues get resolved yet?

6. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hi tmcquaid,

I'll make sure they get back to you today.

Bart

7. KevinN
    KevinN Member
    Hi Todd,

I have just sent you an email with details over delivery of your order.

If ever you send us a mail and do not receive an answer within 20 hours please do remind us as something would have slipped the net if we did not respond.

Cheers,

Kevin

8. tmcquaid
    tmcquaid Member
    Yes it was thanks.

-Todd

9. reecejames
    reecejames Member
    I'm in the same boat. Still waiting here on FUD and FD parts from the 5th June to leave production and be shipped.

I take it there's somewhat of a backlog?!

10. 3401_deleted
    3401_deleted Well-Known Member
    I guess you will unfortunately have to wait some more time... I'm still waiting on my order from the 25th may... :rolleyes:

11. reecejames
    reecejames Member
    Man! Demand is high I guess! :D Glad to see Shapeways is that busy!

Any chance of getting an eta on orders? There's no rush on mine, but I'd at least like to know what month they'll turn up!

12. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Well I got an order yesterday, 22nd June, placed on 18th May so it looks like they are taking roughly one month, but I have no way of knowing if this is typical or not.

13. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    Hello everyone,

I'm really sorry for this long delay you guys are having.
    Like you all know, the problem with the printer and the big demand is making a huge backlog.

I do can tell you that the majority of all orders from the month may will arrive in about 7 days.

If there are questions about your order, please send an email to service@shapeways.com

Greetings
    Mitchell

14. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Well personally I'm happy to have FU/FUD available and I'm not worried too much if I have to wait a long time for it - It's much preferable to the alternative of not having it available at all !

15. I've been waiting from some time too, but I completely agree. I'd rather have a really long delay rather than no have the option at all.

16. FrankJ
    FrankJ Member
    Is there still a backlog in FUD?
    Regards,
    Frank

17. stop4stuff