Entoforms!

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by macouno, Jun 9, 2011.

1. macouno
    macouno Member
    I've been working on this project for quite some time already (since Januari actually), but I hadn't posted here yet..

I got a box with a bunch of new prints today, and I'm incredibly happy! Also... I got a message that I might already get the next shipment tomorrow!

You can read more about the project at http://www.entoforms.com
    And if you want one for yourself you can check at http://www.indiegogo.com/entoforms

Here's a few photos I took just now.

Entoforms-Generations-0038-and-0039_1.jpg

Entoforms-Generations-0038-and-0039_2.jpg

Entoforms-Nuntius-Culpa-in-hand_1.jpg

Entoform-Transitus-Pinguis-in-hand_2.jpg

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Great models! I really like the idea of their creation by a 'DNA' code injection. They could even be made into 'real fossils' by using their form as the hollow space inside a block of Frosted Ultra Detail.

3. macouno
    macouno Member
    Thanks,

I got three more this morning!

Entoforms-Generations-0040-and-0041.jpg

Entoforms-Oculi-Multa-in-hand_1.jpg

4. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hey Dolf, I sent your entoforms some love in this past week's Friday Finds. :)

5. 48132_deleted
    48132_deleted Member
    Nice colors and creativity, the one on the right is scaring me though, not sure if that is its front or its back! :laughing:

6. macouno
    macouno Member
    Thanks Ana, and thanks RogersX,

It's really going well with the project... I even got a mention on BoingBoing.net which is awesome!

7. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
  8. macouno
    macouno Member
    Thanks drscott! I really apprrciate it. Well written also!

9. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Really love these! :)

I have done some trials with evolutionary/genetic algorithm like, but nowhere near as fancy as this!

Good job!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  10. macouno
    macouno Member
    This is a fun one.. the first truly one of a kind Entoform arrived a few days ago... and... went straight back out in the mail to my customer. I've actually been able to re-use Shapeways' boxes for this as well... very useful!

Entoforms-Arnaud-Mignan-ready-to-ship.jpg

11. macouno
    macouno Member
    O no!!!

I just got mail from the last customer... the one who got the box above.... the model had broken! 3 legs were loose!

These full colour prints really are way fragile... even when I don't go too near the minimum wall thickness!

12. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Aww :(

How did you package it up? I've had a bit of experience sending out FCS models, and have usually over-packaged them out of caution.

13. If the model had its legs glued to the backing board then it might have experienced shrinkage due to drying out, temperature or if sent by plane it might have been the temperature and low atmospheric pressure, with no way of moving due to glued legs it would brake the legs of instead. The packaging looks great though, well done. Some of your photos made me so hungry for sour gummy worms, I wanted to eat your model. Hahaha, i'm always thinking about eating, sorry.

Leigh