Silver Orders?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Crowsfoot, May 27, 2011.

1. Crowsfoot
    Crowsfoot Member
    Hi, I placed an order for one of my designs in silver on April 21st, and got an email about two weeks ago informing me that shipping was delayed due to so many people swamping you with orders for the silver. This email stated that the new estimated ship date was May 20th, but it's now the 27th and I still haven't heard anything. My order (43613) is still listed as being in production. I was holding off on saying anything, but I'm getting kind of worried. I used a new tool in sketchup in the design and I'd hate to have waited this long for a design that turned out not to be printable. Thanks for your help! :)

2. Salokannel
    Salokannel Member
    Yep, I got pretty much the same story...

,Salokannel

3. benoit
    benoit Member
    I ordered about two weeks ago, and my order is still on 'Accepted'...
    hearing your stories doesn't really bode well for me... :confused
    Some updated estimated delivery times would be great I think! :)

4. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    Hi Crowsfoot,

I'm sorry to hear your model isn't shipped to you yet.
    At the moment the Customer Service from Shapeways is having a weekend break.

If you send an email to service@shapeways.com and ask your question again with the order number, they can give you a better answer.
    Hang tight, tomorrow they are back in the office.

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    A month is a little long, 2 weeks isn't, that's only 10 working days, and silver arrives about 15 working days (3 weeks) normally, but because of the demand, that may be longer. But you can always email service as Jettuh pointed out for an update.

6. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hi,

I just talked to our Customer Support crew and they assured me that all late orders will be shipped *today*.

Getting your models this late isn't fun, I know, and I apologise for the delay. Now that we have the backlog gone and our problems with the silver production solved everything is back on track again.

Bart

7. Salokannel
    Salokannel Member
    Thanks for the update!
    Hopefully get them tomorrow already :)

8. Crowsfoot
    Crowsfoot Member
    Alright, thank you very much. I look forward to seeing it. Although, I do have to admit--despite the issues, I placed another order two days ago for another piece in silver. :D

9. Crowsfoot
    Crowsfoot Member
    It's now over a week later, and I still haven't received shipping confirmation. My order is still listed as "in production". I did email customer support, and they said that my order would be shipped on June 1st. It is now June 8th. Did my order get lost in the pipeline somewhere? This is getting a little excessive... :(

10. nervoussystem
    nervoussystem Member
    same problem here.

My silver order was placed on April 9, 2011

I received an email from Customer Service saying it would ship on May 18

Next I get one saying it will ship on May 30

Then on June 6th

Then on June 14th

if I hadn't done business with Shapeways before then I would think this is some sort of scam where they keep telling you, oh don't worry it will ship next week and then never send anything :cry:

Each time the customer service rep seems very sure the models will ship, but then it keeps getting delayed!

11. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    Hey All,

We understand and share your frustration with the delays, we have added even more capacity to the 3D printing aspect of the silver process which is where the bottleneck was.

We should see all silver orders start to flow through now at proper speeds.

Apologies again we really appreciate your patience as we step up production for you.

Thanks

Duann

12. Crowsfoot
    Crowsfoot Member
    Alright, thank you for getting back to me. I can't say I'm thrilled, but I understand that there will always be hiccups with new products/new technology. I sincerely hope that the problems will be resolved soon, for the sake of everyone who's excited about items in silver. :)

13. Crowsfoot
    Crowsfoot Member
    Hallelujah, it shipped. :D Thanks, all! I look forward to finally seeing it.

14. 91986_deleted
    91986_deleted Member
    Missing paid silver Order

Hallo

On July 7th, 2011 I ordered an object in Silver Glossy and paid it with pay pal. Several days later my order (order no.: 54229) disappeared. Another order (same Order date) with no silver-object is delayed (Expected delivery date July, 21st) but I received an email from UPS, that the delivery date should be today.

I wrote 3 emails to Customer Service but none of it was answered jet! So I already paid for something that disappeared ...... Any suggestions what to do next?

Thanks for your answers.

PS: Dear "Shapies" if you read this please answer! I can also mail you the invoice of the missing object if you need it!

15. ChristelM
    ChristelM Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi Alexandra,

We did reply to all of your emails, but maybe the end up in your spam mail, maybe you can check this?

I had a look at your order 54229 but this one has been canceled because of thin walls in the model. We did sent an automatically email with the rejection reason and coupon attached in it.

I had a look at your other order number 54226, we are still waiting for a few models to be finished so we can ship everything to you in one shipment.

I don't know about which shipment and email from UPS you are talking about, but if you can sent me an email or a message here on the forum I can help you out with this one. I do need a tracking number from UPS or maybe the original UPS email (there is also the order number in this original UPS email) to have a look for you.

I hope this is helping you out a bit, and sorry that you never received our emails but we really have been sending them to you.

Kindly,
    Christel Hagens
    Customer Service Agent
    www.shapeways.com

16. 91986_deleted
    91986_deleted Member
    Dear Christel and dear other Shapies!!

Thank you very much for your help and all of your emails!

First of all I would like to apologize to all of you because I had a problem with my email account!!

In fact all your mails went to the spam-folder of my account. Until today my email provider GMX did quite a good job with his anti-spam system, that's why I did not notice that this could be the problem. I white-listed "service@shapeways.com", so I should receive all of your emails now. (I copied all your mails from my spam-folder)

Greetings from Nuernberg
    Alexandra