N-Team miniatures in FUD

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by LostInBrittany, May 24, 2011.

1. You maybe remember my big nosed N-Team minis, printed in both WSF and WD.

When FUD became available, I ordered prints of the cartoon version of the four minis in FUD.

Today, I've received the minis (at last ! :) ). So here you have some pics... I'm sorry about the bad quality of the photos. FUD is a translucent material, and I find difficult to take photos of FUD printed stuff.

In the first pic, you can see the four heroes :

[​IMG]

Here you can see a comparison of my Barracus in FUD, WD and WSF. You can click on pic to see the full details. The quality of FUD is simply GREAT

[​IMG]

And now, the same comparison with my Colonel Smith :

[​IMG]

And to finish, two pics showing more details :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, let me say it again, FUD is great!

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    FUDin awesome! ;)

3. Whystler
    Whystler Member

Nice pieces,

Why do the non FUD pieces have huge feet, and balls in front of their faces? Was this an aritfact of printing in WSF and FD or did you design them that way?

-Whystler

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
  5. Whystler
    Whystler Member
    ahhhhhh got it! :) Thanks uknow,

-Whystler

6. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Oooh, these looks awesome!

Well done, LostInbrittany.

7. Thanks for the compliments! :)

Here you have some pics done after putting a layer of priming paint on the figures. As paint is less reflective than bare FUD material, the pics show a better detail level.

Here you can see a comparison of my Barracus in FUD, WD and WSF. As usual, you can click on pic to see the full details

[​IMG]

An here you have both Hannibal and Barracus is FUD (left) and WSF (right).

[​IMG]

As Whystler remarked, the FUD models aren't strictly the same than the WSF and WD ones. I sculpt minis with a cartoon look inspired by Spanish comic book artist Cels Piñol, big nosed (narizones) characters. I sculpt both traditionally (green stuff, putty) a and digitally (Blender + 3D printing via Shapeways). The WSF and WD figures follow this style, but for the FUD ones I tested another approach, more inspired by Wallace & Grommit than by Cels Piñol's works.

8. 48132_deleted
    48132_deleted Member
    Much smoother, also like the remodeled designs, more characterful in my opinion. Took me a second to figure out what was going on with Hannibal's toes, then I realized he is in his swamp monster disguise (poor Colonel Lynch, he will never find Hannibal now)! I'd give Murdoc his sock puppet on his free hand. I think Face needs something to bring out his unique character more but I can't think of anything at the moment.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  9. Hi again !

I've just finished painting the Barracus minis (both the cartoon and the big nosed one).

Let's begin with the cartoon one, printed on FUD. As usual, you can click on pic to see the full details :

[​IMG]

Dice are standard Blood Bowl dice, used for size comparison. Barracus is 30mm from head to toe.

[​IMG]

And now the big nosed one, printed on WD :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next one is Hannibal, I will try to put the pics next week.

10. And, as promised, here you have Hannibal, after a good layer of paint.

Let's begin, as usual, with cartoon version :

[​IMG]

This version is printed on FUD. Dice are standard Blood Bowl dice, used for size comparison. You can click on the pics to see them in big size, as usual.

[​IMG]

And now, the big-nosed version, printed on WSF. :

[​IMG]

After having played with FUD, WSF seems almost crude, doesn't it ?

[​IMG]

Next one is Murdoch :)