Co-Creator Basics Please?

Discussion in 'Customizable Products & Design' started by 81651_deleted, May 21, 2011.

1. 81651_deleted
    81651_deleted Member
    I am currently trying to make a ring available in multiple sizes. I have a few questions though:

1. I have setup my co-creator so that the customer can select a size. I have only uploaded (1) model to Shapeways.com, so how do different sizes work? Am I notified to then upload a specified ring size when it is ordered or do I upload them now somehow so that they are available to the customer without waiting on me to resize it?

2. The price on the specified items has increased quite dramatically since I changed them to co-creator, it added probably 40% to the item. Is this normal and if so, are my returns increased or is it just on behalf of Shapeways? It still shows the original (lower) price under the select material section, but now when you go to order, it shows another (higher) price.

3. Is there anything else I should know about co-creating templates before jumping in head first?

Thanks in advance.

Vagore - Creativelore

2. mctrivia
    mctrivia Well-Known Member
    Co-creates are priced off the max volume field. To make cheaper for client I currently use 4 ranges of sizes. Though a better way would be to upload and generate all options keep them hidden and put links in your co-create to the different sizes. But this is a lot of work(for now. Will have an auto app to do this available in a week).

3. 81651_deleted
    81651_deleted Member
    Ahh, that makes perfect sense, thank you!

Can anyone describe to me how a Co-Creator order works?

4. mctrivia
    mctrivia Well-Known Member
    you get an email saying that someone ordered one.

When you log in it use to show up on the bottom of my designs button but they have moved stuff around since my last order so not sure if shows up there still. It will show you what the user filled in and how many days you have left.

You do the re design then click upload.

5. 81651_deleted
    81651_deleted Member
    Thank you very much, you have been most helpful!

6. SGDesigns
    SGDesigns Member
    Helpful post. Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  7. DavidTsai
    DavidTsai Member
    Just to be clear, so, the Co-Creator is the same thing as the Personalize? button?

Thanks

8. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    You are correct