Hinge Template for Download please

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by 47040_deleted, May 21, 2011.

1. 47040_deleted
    47040_deleted Member
    I have seen the Shapeway operators successfully printed out working hinges in pictures.

The thing is, we the users, do not have such luxury, if our hinge fail, it's a complete reprint or remodel.

Too much time and money will be wasted.

I personally feel this is a GREAT Idea if Shapeway allows us, the users to incooperate the working hinges that they have tested [tried and true] to be available for download so that we could just "boolean" the working hinges into our design knowing that that part will work.

Please, I really think this is a great idea :)

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Where do you see a shapeways hinge? Do you want a hinge that needs assembly or a printed working hinge? Also check here for downloadable 3D printable proven parts https://www.shapeways.com/themes/3dparts

3. 47040_deleted
    47040_deleted Member
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I'll see if I can't get those models for you. It might be a bit as the crew is in SF at Maker Faire.

5. 47040_deleted
    47040_deleted Member
    Wow...Maker Fair...how I wish I am in America....

6. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hey Bracer,

I'm afraid I don't have access to the original files of those particular parts as they were provided by some of our suppliers. I hear you though and I'll discuss how we can grow our parts library to include some more advanced stuff as well.

Bart

7. 47040_deleted
    47040_deleted Member
    I love the service ! :D
    Please do, as you can tell, a lot of people are after Hinges :)

A Library of hinges that guarantee to work out of the box will help a lot of us :)

8. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Hi Bracer,

What kind of hinges are you looking for?
    How big?
    What material should they be designed for?

Just 3 questions off the top of my head that might enable designers to cater to your needs.

Paul

p.s. I don't mind giving a few hinge designs a go, just depends on the answers to the above.