WSF Polished, FUD not available to order

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GWMT, May 11, 2011.

1. GWMT
    GWMT Active Member
    Half of my designs cannot be ordered in WSFP or FUD - the materials are missing from the material choices.

I'd like to order some of them in WSFP - how will I do this?

2. Vandil
    Vandil Member
    Go the the products page (not inventory management), scroll down and on the right side click the trash can after WSF-Polished.

3. GWMT
    GWMT Active Member
    "Go the the products page (not inventory management), scroll down and on the right side click the trash can after WSF-Polished."

Neither WSF-P or FUD are listed there.

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Are the designs less than 2.5mm in any one dimension?

5. GWMT
    GWMT Active Member
    No. All of them have been successfully printed in WSF. WSF and FD are available for printing on all of them but not WSF-P of FUD.

I think there's a software glitch - now one part is not available for sale in any material. I select WSF and FD for printing and save the changes but I get a message: "Private galleries:
    Something went wrong while saving the material".

This sucks! :mad:

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  6. bartv
    bartv Member
    That doesn't sound right. I'll find someone who can answer or solve this for you.

Bart

7. 65258_deleted
    65258_deleted Member
  8. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Both WSFP and FUD have size limitations, perhaps that it?
    WSFP: Max Bounding Box: 15 x 15 x 15 cm
    FUD: 127 x 178 x 152mm

At least two of your designs are too large in one dimension.

Cheers,

Stijn

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  9. GWMT
    GWMT Active Member
    Virtox nailed it - the parts won't fit in the build (or finishing) volume for those materials. I missed the smaller build volume listed for WSF-P and thought anything that could be produced in WSF would be available in WSF-P :blush: . Will Shapeways get a bigger tank for polishing WSF in the future?

Perhaps instead of a blank spot in the Product Inventory Management page you should have the message "Part exceeds build volume". In the future will materials that require a minimum wall thickness greater than what's designed into the part be removed as well?

The problems with editing and saving changes to the parts seem to be gone now, too. Yay!