ICFF11 Contest Results?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 29760_deleted, Apr 28, 2011.

1. 29760_deleted
    29760_deleted Member
    Any news on the winners of the ICFF11 contest? I'm sure many people are curious, I know I am!

Cheers.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Hopefully they're running late on the notice, because that should have gone out the 22nd and I wasn't told I had won :laughing:

3. jeff
    jeff Member
    i asked in a tweet and they said the winner had been notified. so i went back and looked in my inbox again, but couldn't find it. ;)

congrats to whoever won, saw some great entries.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I'll have to check my spam folder.

5. 29760_deleted
    29760_deleted Member
    Ah, cool. Well I hope we all find out soon, I'm really curious!

6. Shuggster
    Shuggster Member
    Its a no here too, will be interesting to see whats won.

7. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    ohhh not again !

just kidding ;)

8. Here's a hint :)

Good job winners!

9. alienology
    alienology Member
    I don't understand this.
    I looked at the link denali3ddesign provided above... but...

If Nervous System won this contest (make no mistake - their stuff is AMAZING)... I don't see these lamps as entries here in the list of objects with the tag ICFF11.
    I thought these were all entries on display? I could be wrong, though.

Also... today's Shapeways e-mail says "We had an amazing array of high calibre entries for the 2011 ICFF contest and will be announcing the winner on May 2nd... While we keep you in anticipation for just a little longer, and make preparations to show off 3D printed works from the winner, Nervous System, Aminimal, and Chris Hardy, why not check out the gallery of entries? "

So, wait... they will announce winners on May 2nd but, hmmm... here are winners, take a look?
    Then you check out gallery of entries - but I can't see these particular objects there as an entry? Maybe other objects? But none are on display as entries.

What gives?

10. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Yes somewhat weird wording on that email ..

I just saw the gallery link ..
    https://www.shapeways.com/contest/icff_11_design_contest

I was very surprised and honored to see few of my designs on top of the list ..
    Its a great honor to be amongst some high caliber designers.

Thanks Shapeways !

11. Shuggster
    Shuggster Member
    Yeah it seems quite odd.

12. alienology
    alienology Member
    Okay - on more careful read of that sentence from the email... I think what it PROBABLY means is like:
    we will display 3d printed objects from the WINNER and, in addition to that, from Nervous, aminimal and hardy. Hmm?
    Probably!?

Note that comma there : " winner, Nervous System, Aminimal, and Chris Hardy....."

I mean... it seems there are no official entries to this contest from Nervous, aminimal or hardy.... not tagged icff11, anyways.
    But their stuff looks great - should be there.

13. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hey @alienology, you hit the nail on the head, that comma reorients the whole sentence.

To confirm for anyone else who experienced the same confusion, I was saying in the newsletter that we're prepping to show off work from the winner (who is still anonymous), along with Nervous System, Aminimal, and Chris Hardy. None of the latter entered bc they're already being featured. ;)

Now would also be a good time to give you guys the heads up that soon after I sent the newsletter, I was informed by other members of the team that the date of the announcement needed to be pushed back to the END of next week, not May 2nd, as I'd first said. Sorry about the confusion, guys. I'm sure having to wait this long has been a pain.

14. jeff
    jeff Member
    what's odd? were you referring to dizingof's designs being "on top of the list .. "

;) just kidding dizingof

lot's of great entries all around.

15. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Jeff,

A minute after posting my previous post i realized that "the top of list designs" have nothing to do with ICFF...

Its just a grouped models under the tag ICFF sorted by popularity by a formula that calculates the amount of visitors, stars ratings and sales.

Nothing to do with ICFF candidates ranking.

And in case you're wondering i didn't get that "You won" email .. just some boring "Yippee" ;)

16. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    Hey All,

Sorry for the delay on this but we have informed, and are now printing the winning entry.

We will release the name soon on the Shapeways, and the jury members blogs.

It was a tough choice for the judges to make as the quantity of quality was high.

A big thanks to all who entered.

You guys rock

17. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Finally! The results are in and live.....

Announcing the 2011 ICFF Contest Winner

Thanks to everyone for such inspiring entries. You guys are helping show the rest of the world what 3D printing can do.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011