NEED SOMEONE TO MAKE THIS KEY

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 65927_deleted, Apr 19, 2011.

1. 65927_deleted
    65927_deleted Member
    Hello Shapeways Artists,
    I need someone to make a 3D model of the key in the pictures I have provided. I basically need an almost exact replica once I have Shapeways print it.
    I am willing to pay up to $30 for the 3D model.
    And then $25 to have it completed into the actual key.
    Please message me if you can do this for me!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  2. 75502_deleted
    75502_deleted Member
    I can make that for you. $30.00 for the model is acceptable. I can't say how much it will cost to produce it in Shapeways, though. That depends on the volume and the material used. What is the length of the key? In millimeters, if possible. From the end of the spiral loop at the top to the bottom of the flat bit attached to the shaft.

Robert V Frazier

3. Silverbeam
    Silverbeam Well-Known Member
  4. 65927_deleted
    65927_deleted Member
    Your keys look great.
    Basically I'm going to need a vintaged silvery looking finish. It doesn't need to be sterling, or any sort of precious metal, but the finish is the key. Just need it to look antiqued silver.
    I still want the weight to it though, so hollowing would not be something that would work.
    I'm getting this done for my friend, and she has price limitations.
    $60 is really the limit for the entire project (so that would be for the model plus getting it printed by Shapeways)
    Do you think this is doable? Would it be possible to get a $30 print from Shapeways with the antiqued silver?

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    The minimum for a silver print is $40. For glossy silver is $50. So your already over budget. To be steel it would have to be atleast 3mm thick. So I'd imagine it would have to be hefty to keep to the appearance but it may be able to be kept under your $35 limit for part cost.

Also forgot minimum shapeways order is $25 so your target would be between $25 and $35 so that you aren't paying extra for nothing.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  6. Silverbeam
    It might be doable depending upon the size you want. How big is the key?

7. 65927_deleted
    65927_deleted Member
    3" in length...probably about 1" width for the top 'fat' part of the key
    (And this can be tweaked...like 2.5-2.75' length would probably work)

8. Silverbeam
    I'll try a mock up key something similar in size and shape without the detail, and see if I can get an estimate and see if the price will work for you.

9. 65927_deleted
    65927_deleted Member
    That would be incredible! Thank you so very much!!

10. Silverbeam
    Success! It came within the price bounds.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/254391/key_test.html?gid=ug

I can go forward with the project if you like. Once I get payment for making the model, I will finish the model.

Then I will mail you and see if it needs any tweaks, and show you some pictures of the model.

Next you can buy it off my page.

I take paypal, and my pay pal email is bowenlady@gmail.com

any questions?

11. 75502_deleted
    75502_deleted Member
    I offered to do this project ten days ago. Never heard back from you. Now you are giving the project to someone else. It's your money, but that's not very good manners. If you didn't want me to do it, you could have said so.

Robert V Frazier

12. 65927_deleted
    65927_deleted Member
    I have not accepted anyone to do this project yet, have not given anyone any money. It is important that the key turns out exactly as I want it. It's surprising that you are not understanding of that. I am the customer. I have the right to contact as many people as I want. That is not being rude, that is making sure that I see all possibilities so that in the end I have exactly what I want.
    As I stated already, I have not given the project to any one artist, and I am still exploring my options, but you can certainly consider yourself checked off my list.
    Thanks.
    In the future, I suggest checking your ego before attacking someone who is considering purchasing something from you. You just lost business, and well, that is not good for business.

13. 65927_deleted
    65927_deleted Member
    That sounds great. Let me just double check with my friend.
    Thank you for being so patient.
    I have to tell you that I was just "verbally attacked" by another artist on here who I had contacted about possibly making this key. He said I was rude for checking other artists. I want to make sure this turns out right, so I had several people I was looking at for the key.
    But you have been great, and once I hear back from my friend, I will be going with you on this deal.

14. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Alright you two, back to your corners. This back and forth is not good for either of you or the shapeways community. We're a friendly bunch. Misunderstandings will happen especially with so many different regions accessing shapeways. And if you do have a problem that you think needs to be addressed, contact shapeways customer support, and they'll mediate your differences.

15. Silverbeam
    Okay Zen. sounds good.

Good luck to all artists on getting commissions. You win some, you loose some. Hope you can get the next one.