Hey From M1NGLES

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by mingles, Apr 10, 2011.

1. mingles
    mingles Member
    Hi there guys! I've been on Shapeways since September 2009 but I haven't ever ventured onto the forums before. I thought I better say hi before posting anywhere else.

Over the last couple of months I've been churning out designs of LEGO scaled pieces. I have a Partnership on YouTube and plan to use the custom LEGO pieces in my animations. At the moment I am desperately trying to do anything so I can to avoid studying! :laughing:

Thanks for taken the time to read this, and I'm looking forward to getting involved in your community.

All the best,

Michael

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  2. bartv
    bartv Member
    Good to see you here, M!NGLES!

It seems that Lego models are getting more and more popular on Shapeways. I'm quite interested in talking to external Lego communities and see how we can work with them. Do you happen to have any contacts in that direction?

Cheers,

Bart

3. mingles
    mingles Member
    Hey Bart!

I'm currently working on getting involved in several external communities myself. At the moment, I'm seeing a lot of interest from people after posting images onto Flickr. There is an extremely large market out there for this and I intend on continuing to expand into it. Once I properly advertise my Shapeways shop on my YouTube channel, I will be able to bring more people over here and create awareness among the other animators on YouTube. I will keep my eye out for potential contacts for you! :)

Michael

4. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hey M1NGLES, welcome! Lego stuff is really fun, I'm excited to see someone making use of the whole 3D printed Lego pieces opportunity.

See you around. :)

5. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Hey Bart,

First point of call is The LEGO Group (TLG), www.lego.com for anything to do with LEGO ;)

There are community sites that cater for LEGO enthusiasts (some are sanctioned by TLG)

www.peeron.com - set inventories and instructions

www.brickshelf.com - LEGO fan site for enthusiasts to show off their own creations, either real or CG

www.MOCpages.com - another fan based community site to show off (My) Own Creations

www.lugnet.com - international LEGO User Group Network - for fans of LEGO everywhere - where you'll also find LEGO ambassadors frequenting the forums.

:)
    Paul

---------------

Hiya M1NGL3S, from a LEGO fan of 38 years :)