Tapatalk support for the forum

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 40444_deleted, Apr 6, 2011.

1. 40444_deleted
    40444_deleted Member
    Hello shapeways team,

i just bought an Android device and i'm very happy now that i can use the tapatalk reader for forums based on vbullettin.

Would be great if you install the tapatalk plugin to your vbullettin server.

Francesco

2. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hey Francesco,

it sounds like a great way to stay in touch. Unfortunately, our forum software isn't supported by them (yet?)..

Bart

3. 40444_deleted
    40444_deleted Member
    Currently phpBB3 3.0.x, vBulletin 3.6.x/3.7.x/3.8.x/4.x, Invision Power Board (IPB) 3.x and Simple Machine Forum (SMF) 1.1.11+/2.x are supported.

You can also look for other forum system plugin developed by third party developers using Tapatalk API at Developer Support forums.

Anyhoo, i hope this happens soon :)

Francesco

4. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hey be_on_edge, thanks for letting us know about this. I've wondered about this exact thing to make it easier to keep in touch with the Shapeways forum on the go. As Bart said, our forum isn't yet supported, but I hope that they either will be soon, or a competitor to these guys makes it available!

5. 68928_deleted
    68928_deleted Member
    One improvement that we are planning to deploy this summer is a simplified stylesheet for mobile browsers. We aren't using any of the forum platforms compatible with Tapatalk, but I do not think we need third party software to accomplish this goal. I think good stylesheets should get us there.

-Ben