Private sale - access for only one customer

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by GWMT, Apr 4, 2011.

1. GWMT
    GWMT Active Member
    I've got a part that I only want one person to be able to buy. I read another thread where it said you need to make the part available for sale momentarily, then set it back to hidden. You can then send the " _http://shpws.me/***** " link shown to the right on the part image on the order page to that person and they can see and order from that link.

I did that but when I try to view the shpws.me link I get a blank page. What am i doing wrong?

2. robert
    robert Member
    Hi,

Your best option is set the model availability to "Available for all" and model view state to "Hidden".

The model is at that time only accessible through a direct link but will not show up in the search or the gallery.

Best,

Robert

3. GWMT
    GWMT Active Member
    Thank you for your help, Robert.

I checked 'Available to all' and saved the changes, but when I copy and paste the direct link into another window in my browser (Firefox) and hit Enter I get a blank page. Will my customer be able to see the page if I send them the link?

4. robert
    robert Member
    That sounds odd. Could you send me the link via PM so I can take a look for you?

Best,

Robert

5. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
  6. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
  7. robert
    robert Member
    Yes, the URL shortener has a problem. A fix is on the way.

Best,

Robert

8. GWMT
    GWMT Active Member
    Thanks Virtox and Robert! I got it to work with your help.

Scott

9. 65258_deleted
    65258_deleted Member
    The URL shortener has also been fixed (a day or two ago). If you notice any continued problems with it, be sure to let us know.

-Ben

10. CadMonkey
    CadMonkey Member
    I am having a similar problem with the new layout. I have unchecked the "List on Site" box and checked the "Allow Others to Purchase" box but when I log out and try to follow the link I get a 404 error. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

11. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    Weird

Whilst logged in, go to your product page and copy the URL from your browser, it should be quite long with a string of numbers..

Then log out and try again?

Let us know if this works?

12. CadMonkey
    CadMonkey Member
    Thanks Duann,

That worked. For some reason when I copied the link yesterday the long string of numbers was missing. Not sure why. But thanks again for your help.

Brad.

13. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Changes to the Title, 'Display and Sale Options' or available materials require the page to be reloaded after 'Save' for the changes to be visable/effective (not sure of the right word here), but as an example, changing the available materials requires the model page to be reloaded before the materials are changed in the 'Make Your Profit' list.

Perhaps a 'Save and Reload' button is needed too?

Paul