Silver Earrings and Pendant

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by vaclavmazany, Apr 4, 2011.

1. vaclavmazany
    vaclavmazany Member
    Finally ! :) They have arrived...
    I didn't have much time, so it's without a chain for the pendant and no ear hooks for the earrings, but still I really wanted to share it with you. I hope you'll like it ;)

I'm pleased how they came out. Still, there are some unpolished places, some small bubbles here and there, but nothing major. Maybe I'll try to hand polish some of those places. I definitely want to make the Snail pendant a bit darker in the crevices. I will try it on the Leaf earrings as well, I wonder how it will look like.

So here they are :

Snail pendant
    https://www.shapeways.com/model/134722/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leaf earrings
    https://www.shapeways.com/model/171625/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you want to see bigger photos, they're in my shop ;)
    I have to take another pictures with the hooks and chain... but I'll post that later...

Edit : updated wrong links to shop

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  2. jeff
    jeff Member
    look great, & shot on some great textures too. it'd be nice to see them on ears & necks too.

3. vaclavmazany
    vaclavmazany Member
    thx for the comment
    I want to make some photos, like you said on ears, etc. for sure
    .. I hope I'll have time to do so till end of this week... I'm just waiting for silver earhooks to arrive ;)

4. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    @vaclav these are beautiful!

Did you not order the ear hooks along with your models directly from Shapeways?

5. vaclavmazany
    vaclavmazany Member
    thx Ana
    .. hm.. frankly I didn't know, that it's possible to order them from shapeways :blush:
    Can you tell me, what I need to do to receive them in the future, please?

6. baltimore
    baltimore Member
    Currently you have to email service@shapeways.com and copy and paste the link to your item and specifically request that it be shipped with a necklace or with earring hooks.

It'd be swell if this were a button or option when we were uploading or looking at our own items while logged in.

7. vaclavmazany
    vaclavmazany Member
    aha.. I see..
    or maybe just some option as a check box, when I'm ordering the piece

or even better, option to make it default for some particular materials when I'm modifying the item in the product inventory

8. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Yes, a check box would allow you to know if you already asked for a necklace or not.
    Currently, you have to keep track by yourself the list of pendants for which you asked for a necklace and the list of earrings for which you asked for hooks...

9. vaclavmazany
    vaclavmazany Member
  10. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Ditto that request, also... it does become a pain trying to remember which items one has requested combinatory fittings for...

Glenn