Problem with scales using zbrush

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by Dan3dim, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Dan3dim
    Dan3dim Member
    Hi,

Ive try create object in zbrush, I want it to be 4cm talls, but shapeway said its 400cm.. Ive try scale it down to 0.04... but its still wrong scale.

What should I need to check? what did I missed?

2. pete
    pete Shapeways Employee CEO
    Hi, can you share your file with us?

3. Dan3dim
    Dan3dim Member
    Hi, sorry it took me so long to get back on internet..

here a test files. I want to find out about scales which I don't.

you will see there wrong scales.

I did make up scale it to very small scales ( 0.01 mm in zbrush) and its seem fine to me.. but Its wasted my time to keeping upload and look at scales then upload again with smaller scales... and going on until I got to that point..

Attached Files:

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Your file, me downloading and then uploading to Shapeways gives a printable model with Height 4.1cm, Width 2.9cm and Depth 0.7cm - looks like you got the scaling right?

5. Dan3dim
    Dan3dim Member
    that was my "Blind manual scaling" its my 4th or 5th attempt after check shapesway's scales. don't want do that with rest of my model..

there a raw zbrush importing with 2.0 x 2.0 x 2.0 inch cube.
    tell me if that right scales?
    in shapesway showed in email ;

Attached Files:

6. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    The easiest way for you to scale your model would be to use trompevenlo's handy tip VRML, sizing and scaling substituting 0.001 (meters to mm) with 0.0254 (meters to inches) - maybe not the Zbrush solution you were hoping for, but a useful and easy workaround.

7. Dan3dim
    Dan3dim Member
    that make a scene. Thank!

look at that shapeway "moans"

Ive put 2.0 inch in zbrush.. so that mean Ive put 2 meter in VRML!

Ill imaged an meter in "inch"

I better try it out. that mean if I need 2 inch talls = 0.05 inch in zbrush.

let me try it out..

will updated here when Ive upload 2x2x2 inch cube..

[EDIT]
    yippyaaa!!! well. close enough.. I cannot get 0.5 inch in zbrush.. only 0.4 / 0.6, I pick 0.6 inch so that 6cm. Thank for explains. what a annoy. heh,

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011