New users Shop worries

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by StevenSchuurman, Feb 15, 2011.

1. It is a great pleasure to be here!!!
    Just like to vent some minor worries:

-It is not yet known to me how to to view the size of the products in my shop.

-When putting a markup I need to fill in the mark up for every material seperately?

-The rotation varies in the picture from the 3D-viewer.

-Some models will not show up in the 3Dviewer without a given reason.

-The 3D "movie" is very small.

-The preview is always white shaded.Would be nice to see it in metal etc.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  2. 35653_deleted
    35653_deleted Member
    I'm glad you're enjoying your stay here! I'll see what I can clear up for you. :p

The size of the model should be displayed in the right sidebar of the product page, just under the model availability settings and next to the material selector.

Markup is handled separately for each material, but in the new product inventory management, there is a "to all" button that will apply a single markup to every material. This is available in the "Edit my Shop" page.

I don't use the 3d viewer much, so I can't help you on those two points. Sorry :( I've heard some people have had java problems with the 3d viewer, but as I said I don't use it much, so... If you're referring to the orientation of the model in the default rendering, that depends on the orientation of the saved file. If it's not showing up in the render... Well, I've never heard of that happening.

I don't know what you mean by the 3D "movie".

The default 3d render is always white. If you want to see it in a different material, for now the only option is to render it yourself or actually order it. Maybe Shapeways will offer more render options someday, but for now white is the standard.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    If you have the roller wheel on your mouse, you can use it to zoom in/out during the 3d preview.

Unfortunately, it also scrolls the whole page at the same time, so you must scroll the page down, then roll some more to zoom out and scroll up, then roll some to zoom in.

But.. it CAN be zoomed.

4. Thank you very much, that was helpful and so fast!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011