Cartoon Bird

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by 67314_deleted, Feb 10, 2011.

1. 67314_deleted
    67314_deleted Member
    Hi, 1st post here :)

I've been working on this little bird to test out the full color printing, and it's finished now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a question though, shouldn't the 3d preview thumbnail show the model with the texture map applied?

2. Kaetemi
    Kaetemi Member
    Yes, the preview should show your model with texture.
    Make sure you've got uv coordinates and a single material with 1 texture in your model file.

3. 67314_deleted
    67314_deleted Member
    Hi Kaetemi,

I uploaded an x3d file with a .jpg in a zip file, and the model also has uv's.
    --------------
    Exported an x3d from blender and it works now, thanks!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  4. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    The 2d preview is working proprerly from what I can see. If you click on "View in 3D" to get the 3D animation, it won't have a texture: it is the normal current behaviour.

[EDIT] I really like your design, by the way. :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  5. 67314_deleted
    67314_deleted Member
    Hey Magic, thanks :)

6. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hey ironbearxl, welcome!

Which material were you planning on for this test run? I like your design by the way, its got a lot of character. :)

7. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    Ana, that's a stupid question :blush:
    he's uploading it with texture,, so my guess is offcourse with color! would be a shame not to print this beautifull thing in color!

8. 67314_deleted
    67314_deleted Member
    Hi Ana, thank you for the welcome! :)

I'm printing in sandstone, but if you have a suggestion for any other materials I would definitely appreciate it.

Jettuh, i'm glad you like my bird, thanks!

Also wondering if the current print size is too big or too small, and if the price is ok?

-Kevin

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  9. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    @Jettuh, totally agreed it would be a shame not to print in color. Sandstone was my guess, but I didn't assume. :p

10. That is fantastic! I really like that model.

How large is the model? You can measure it using Netfabb Basic (http://www.netfabb.com/basic.php), using the measurement tool (it looks like a ruler). I'd check the thickness of those feathers down the back and the tail feathers to make sure they are at least the minimum thickness for sandstone.

11. 67314_deleted
    67314_deleted Member