Krentz Tyrannosaurus

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by axiomalchemy, Jan 29, 2011.

1. axiomalchemy
    axiomalchemy Member
    My Krentz Tyrannosaurus arrived last week and I am so pleased with the results. The 3-d renders on the shapeways site are nearly as accurate as one can get on such a small scale. The piece is an exquisite miniature.
    The detail is marvelous, and so small I feared I would break it just by handling it. Not the case, the model is quite sturdy, and although it is a sculpture, it simply begs to be picked up and studied ( Played with ).
    Unfortunately, this was not the piece I had wanted. I originally wanted the Edmontosaurus, sadly that piece and the Ankylosaurus was no longer offered for sale. I would greatly wish to purchase a complete set at some point and start a collection of these incredible little figures.
    I also would be willing to pay more for a piece that rivals the Safari, Carnegie, or Battat, series 1/40 scale lines in size. My most sincere thanks to everyone at Shapeways
    for creating this site for collectors of beautiful things.
    And many thanks to Mr. David Krentz for your talents and passion in creating these awesome figures.

Attached Files:

2. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    nice models, great detail.

3. dkrentz
    dkrentz Member
    Cool, glad you liked it. I highly recommend getting the Black Detail version. It really hold the detail nicely. 1/40 is possible, but I need to figure out to make them hollow or else it will be really expensive.

I didn't know the Edmonto and Anky were not for sale. Sometimes Shapeways is annoying like that. I'll have to reload the models again and hope it works.

More to come!

4. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Surely you won't have to re-upload - just change the model's status, right?

Glenn

5. 65071_deleted
    65071_deleted Member
    I got mine yesterday and I must say it's not just a toy, it's a piece of art! Next time I will order the other three Krentz dinosaurs.

I hope David releases more stuff here on shapeways!