Need winglets modelled for RC plane

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by cutelyaware, May 25, 2016.

1. cutelyaware
    cutelyaware Member
    I need simple model aircraft winglets modeled to my general specifications. I say "simple" because it is a single smooth surface, but it will involve compound curves similar to this:
    Winglet DG 1000.JPG
    If it is modeled as a set of parametric patches, then they need to join smoothly to at least the first two derivatives and still be straightforward to modify main features without breaking anything. Experience with aircraft design is helpful but not required.

This is for hobby purposes and the results will be put in the public domain. I can't pay a lot but I can give you prominent credit. See the project description here http://superliminal.com/gliders/butterknife/ for the general idea. You may reply with a project quote, hourly rate or both. And of course feel free to ask questions.

2. 1015383_deleted
    1015383_deleted Well-Known Member
    pm sent

3. cutelyaware
    cutelyaware Member
    Surfboards are the perfect analog because this form of gliding is essentially surfing in three dimensions. Send a message to melinda@superliminal.com and I'll send you my sketches and specifications for your quote.

4. CADNinja
    CADNinja Well-Known Member
    Email sent