Top Sellers/New

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Magic, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Hi,

I recently added to my shop two categories:
    - Top Sellers
    - New

What do you think?
    - Is it something you would consider as usefull as a custumer?
    - Is is someting you would do as a shop-owner?
    - Is it something that Shapeways could make automatically?

2. Interesting. I don't know how useful it would be to me personally at this point, but might be worth it later, once I have more models.
    Out of curiosity, how are you deciding the criteria for what goes into these categories? I'm assuming Top Sellers would contain the (x number) best selling items, which would change over time, but what about New - do you plan to leave them in there for a set amount of time, or go with the (x) newest items?

Andy

3. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Yes, that's a good question.
    For now, I have just created the categories and filled them once, but I did not go in the process of updating them.

The Top Sellers are the 4 all-time most sold item, taken from the Excel file (through a Dynamic Cross table, if it is the English name). I guess I should update the list every month (not sure how often it changes)

For the New category, I arbitrary decided a date and added all the recent models after this date, but I never removed anything yet.
    I supposed it should be "all the models uploaded in the last 30 days" or something: this is not someting easy to do.

That's why having those categories updated by Shapeways would be handy.