Introducing My Shapeways - Your new home page when you log into Shapeways!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by katkinkead, Feb 11, 2016.

1. katkinkead
    katkinkead Well-Known Member
    Hey everyone,

I am stoked to share with you the latest feature update from our software team, My Shapeways. My Shapeways will be your home landing page when you are logged into your Shapeways account starting today, Feb 11. This is an update to the follow and feed sections of your profile. On this page, you'll be able to see:

· The latest activity of all community members you follow
    · What they favorite
    · See their comments on products
    · New products added to their public lists
    · Latest trending products from our Marketplace
    · Latest forum chats you visited
    · Our latest blogs (coming Friday) including our Shapeways Live blogs on our weekly community interviews
    · see your favorite community members public lists

The software team will be adding new features and functionality to this page on a regular basis and we will always post these updates on this forum thread. So be sure to check in regularly and see what's new!

Visual of new My Shapeways home:
    image.jpeg

We are so proud of everything our community is making, and we couldn't help but make it easier for us to share with one another. One of my favorite ways to take a breaks during a hectic workday is to jump onto Shapeways and discover new projects and get inspired to make new things for myself. The My Shapeways homepage will make this so much easier and engaging for everyone!

I hope you will take a little time to enjoy your new Shapeways Home and maybe even follow a few more great community members... If you are interested, Pete, our CEO has quite an interesting list of favorites. Feel free to follow him too! Or any of us here at Shapeways.

Cheers to all our digitally crafted projects we love sharing!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  2. CybranKNight
    CybranKNight Well-Known Member
    I feel like I'm missing something obvious but how would one manually navigate this this page?

3. NimlothCQ
    NimlothCQ Well-Known Member
    It's coming - we're in the process of releasing :)

4. katkinkead
    katkinkead Well-Known Member
  5. HenrikRydberg
    HenrikRydberg Shapeways Employee Design Team
    Aaand it's out!

1. Sign in
    2. Open shapeways.com

I'm following you and you and you and you... and My Shapeways looks amazing.

6. CTCordingley
    CTCordingley Active Member
    This looks great, thanks Shapeways!
    -Chris

7. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    AWESOMENESS!

Now i need to start promoting my shop a bit better and get actual followers haha :)

8. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Why is this considered a trending product? It has only accumulated two favorites in the span of a year. Also, the video only has 21 views in 125 days.

That product is completely DEAD! :D

9. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    Trending is based on an algorithm that uses a bunch of different factors to determine it's rankings, not just favorites.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
  10. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    I wouldn't do it that way. Here's why. One word, ROBOTS! I could program robots with revolving IP addresses to increase my views or I could pay a very small fee for a service that specializes in this.

If you base it on sales though it will work great because robots don't have money to buy anything.

I would have a few different time slices too, like hourly, weekly, monthly and yearly or something like that. The objective is two fold in my view, one being to show designers what kinds of products are selling in the long term so that they can know of areas that would be good to spend their time on, and two, giving consumers a picture of what is trending in the short term that they might be interested in; case in point would be something like the Left Shark event.

11. Blitza
    Blitza Active Member
    Hello there

I like the new Layout alot, some fresh wind finally ^^

Thanks for the Update Guys

Greetings Mario

12. likesyrup
    likesyrup Member
    Great job guys!!!!!!

13. shekhtwoman
    shekhtwoman Member
    I like my new homepage!

Do you plan to make changes in:

1) messages interface? It's a little bit oldschool now :) and not so useful how it can be.
    2) I have two easy ways to find "Upload your model" buttons and way to "Co-creator list" is hidden. I would like to exchange one of the buttons "Upload" to "Co-creator"
    3) It would be great if I would see numbers of unread messages and undone customizations. Like you know little red circles with digit inside near by envelope and Co-creator lost will be enough for me to not miss new todo things.
    4) I receive a looot of "Time to customize" requests and it takes minutes to load the page. Can I hope it will be improved?

Thank you for your great job! I love you Shapeways!

14. HenrikRydberg
    HenrikRydberg Shapeways Employee Design Team
    Messages would be a natural progression to My Shapeways wouldn't it.

Interesting points on the Co-Creators functionality. I'll surface your ideas to our team.

We're (or at least I am) a fan of your work and rings. Keep it up!
    And thank you all for the support. We're swig following skyrocketing throughout the Shapeways community. Exciting!

15. NimlothCQ
    First -- Thanks!! I've made sure to let all the folks who worked on the features know about the positive feedback! That said... here goes:

---

1) Noted. We're looking into this as part of some other tech upgrades/investments we're looking to do with our forum software (powers the current experience).

And - for what it's worth, I happen to agree very much with you ;-)

2) Are you looking for access to your own co-creator list and to-do, or a list of co-creators? I suspect the former, but want to make sure I understand the ask.

3) Unread messages should be displayed in the global top-nav as a visual indicator, ala a (1), however is currently not displaying correctly. This is a bug and we're aware and will try to resolve shortly.

As for co-creator to-do list, this is a little more of an interesting subject. There's so many angles I could take to start discussing this subject, but for now let me just say that we're looking into how to best enable the type of designer behavior/actions that co-creators actually result in :)

Can we get back to this subject a little later?

4) Could you be a little more specific?

Which pages (urls) do you experience slowness with? Usually when we document bug reports internally, we ask for browser + version and actionable steps of how to re-produce the problem.

An example of that would be:

1: Open Page on url http... X
    2: Log In (as someone specific if needed)
    3: Click "customize".
    4: Enter text in input <Y> in left panel (above product).
    5: Confirm/submit form action.

Expected: Something correct should happen.
    Current: Something else happened and here's what happened.

---

And lastly... Aww, that feeling is mutual.

I'd venture to say the same goes for all our guys -- every day we see some of the most amazing and inspiring designs and products we never could have imagined.

And that is truly inspiring, enabling us to have a workday unlike most others :)

16. shekhtwoman
    shekhtwoman Member
    Christofer thank you for your detailed answer.

Here are details regarding 4)

1) login as my self (Shekhtwoman)
    2) on the page https://www.shapeways.com/mymodels
    3) click big blue button CO-CREATOR TODO LIST
    4) page is loading for minute or two (here is the url of the page https://www.shapeways.com/cocreator/todo)
    Sometimes I see timeout 522 error for this page.

And number of todos on that page that are not completed yet, I would like to see in red balloon somewhere on main page . Because I miss deadlines on these sometimes, just because I don't know that they happened.

Thank you very much for being so responsive and willing to improve your software.
    Ola.

17. NimlothCQ
    Thanks for the reproduction steps, that's quite helpful! I'll see what the team can come up with!

And of course we want to improve :>

It's important to be out here and chat with everyone about the things we're making that you guys use, and to get a real understanding of the pains people experience. Sometimes we'll get things right, and sometimes we will have to adjust. But that's how we can help each other to build a better experience for everyone :)

Hope you're having a nice weekend and are staying warm! (if you're in a cold location)

18. 478790_deleted
    478790_deleted Active Member
    Thank you Shapeways team!
    Any progress in the direction of simplicity, and ease of use is highly appreciated!

I hope we can soon remove this; <<Please be patient while the viewer loads.>>. If we do, I think it will have a major impact on sales growth, as I'm sure you know how impatient customers could be.
    Regards
    Ziko

19. resetstyles
    resetstyles Member
    Will there be a way to customize what widgets are seen with others to add when released?

20. NimlothCQ
    We'll be adding a few more widgets that we display to people. Some might be targeted specifically to a user, or type of user, and some will be more all-encompassing.

We don't currently have plans for making these widgets user customizable as there's lots more issues we have to prioritize and tackle, however this is a good idea and I wouldn't rule it out for "at some point in the future".

It could be helpful to post about it in the suggestions forum and see what kind of traction / thoughts others have? :)