Url's in descriptions

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by TerraCotta, Oct 18, 2010.

proper links in descriptions?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TerraCotta
    TerraCotta Member
  2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Including proper links id desctipritons would be a good thing to have, using the forum url code or html A tag doesn't work.

3. bartv
    bartv Member
    Good point, I'll forward that. I'd say that using the forum URL code would be the way to go, to keep things consistent across the site?

I'll even be so bold to suggest we should offer the little formatting toolbar that we use on the forum ;)

Bart

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    That would be spot on, cheers Bart

5. Tommy_2Tall
    Tommy_2Tall Member
    Hi!

That sounds like a great idea to me!

The shop description text accepts links by copy/paste'ing a link from a RTF or HTML formatted source text but I tested the same approach on a product description and it didn't work. :-S

If we could use the same BBcode style formatting all over the site that would be very nice :D

6. TerraCotta
    TerraCotta Member
    Awesome, Bart. Having the full formatting bar would definitely help me improve readability for my customers instead of just having a big block of text.

Jeff

7. Formatting as well? That'd be top notch - that can make our descriptions so much easier to read. :)

Andy

8. jeff
    jeff Member
    for sure, this would be great. I might take out the color/font options in fear of breaking the uniformity of the product pages and the large chance of ugliness appearing in bright colorful fonts in descriptions

9. Quick bump, since this seems to be the most appropriate thread to discuss it:

How do you make clickable links in your product descriptions?

And is it possible to check that the links work without having to repeatedly log out and log back in again? If you view your description while logged in it's automatically editable; it'd be nice if you could either have it displayed by default as everyone else will see it, with a button giving you the option to edit it, or have it editable as it is, but with a button to let you preview what everyone else will see.

<EDIT> Ignore me, I'm clearly blind. Somehow I missed the fact that the formatting tools were already there, including a link button. *facepalm*

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011