can I get rid of the computer rendered image of my product?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by LincolnK, Sep 25, 2010.

1. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    I really don't like the look of the rendered image of my model, and I now have photos I took of it and a video. All from the actual object after I ordered it.

Can I get rid of the image from the computer on my shop page? If so, how?

2. robert
    robert Member
    No you cannot remove this picture. Sorry.

It is there to give the users a real picture of the model. The uploaded pictures do not necessarily reflect the actual product.

- Robert

3. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    I don't agree that the digital render is anything close to what the final product looks like.

Take a look at the photo of the item in stainless steel, which is the only material I offer my "spaghetti with meat ball" pendent.

You can't honestly believe that the white render looks anything like that.

Also, from the point of view of making money for SW or for me, I don't see many people clicking on the computer image of that item when looking at a gallery of different products. Which means less sales.

Can't we at least make our photograph of the item show up when people search? I did a search for the word, "toy", and the first item showed the photograph of a product, and not the render. So there must be a way to do that.

I don't care if we have to leave it on the product page, but how do I make the default image shown to be the actual photograph.

4. gibell
    gibell Well-Known Member
    To change the default image, look on the right side of the product page (when logged in) for "Main thumbnail image:". Whatever is selected here is the image that will come up. Be sure to hit "Save" at the bottom.

I think the rendered image looks very nice. Sure, it isn't metal, but it looks pretty nice. It also allows people to zoom around it in 3D like I just did. So I think that image can only help your sales. But sure, make the metal one the default.

5. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    Thanks! That did the trick.

I just wanted to make one of the actual photos the first thing people see. :)

6. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    The rendered image doesn't really reflect the final product either... my Stepped D12 has coloured numbers ;)