Sculpted Portrait

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Shuggster, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Shuggster
    Shuggster Member
    Hi everyone, I was excited this morning to recieve my first shapeways print, its a sculpt of my sister for her birthday, designed for wall hanging. Its printed in WSF at 15*9*6.

[​IMG]

Fullsize link http://www.3daspect.com/lisaimage.jpg

I was suprised at just how much light was diffusing through the material so getting images with good detail/contrast in natural light has been a bit of a pain, once I've primed it and put some varnish on I'll try to take a few more. I'm pretty pleased with it let me know what you think, cheers guys.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  2. roofoo
    roofoo Well-Known Member
    Wow! That came out great! What software did you use to model it?

3. Shuggster
    Shuggster Member
    Cheers Roofoo, the sculpting was done in mudbox and everything else was in 3ds max.

4. Shuggster
    Shuggster Member
    Hey guys I spent some time sanding this down and lacquering it, cheers. [​IMG]

5. roofoo
    roofoo Well-Known Member
    Nice, it looks like porcelain!

6. RalphVdB
    RalphVdB Well-Known Member CS Team
    Wow! Absolutely stunning!

7. roofoo
    roofoo Well-Known Member
    What kind of lacquer did you use, Shuggster?

8. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Yeah, really nice post work. Looks great. Damn, I wish I could model that good in zBrush or Sculptris...

I have a feeling that you are going to get a lot of work once your sister displays this.

By the way is 15*9*6 in cm's or inches? And what was the cost in WSF?

Glenn

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  9. Shuggster
    Shuggster Member
    Cheers guys, the dimensions are in cm, the print came in at just over $100, I used an acrylic lacquer spray can, I think I must have done about 7 or 8 coats, the colour is now slightly off white but I like it, the trickiest part was sanding it down without losing the details/changing the form which took quite a while.