Heart necklace.

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by polyoptics, Aug 21, 2010.

1. polyoptics
    polyoptics Member
    Hi all,

I have received the smaller necklace version of my Heart Squeeze character piece. The detail is amazing, it came out really well!!!

I am curious if anyone would actually wear it, i'll have to give a few as gifts to see.

Any comments on design are welcome!

Youtube video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG6SPDmmYD0

ZHG_NecklaceComp.jpg

Thanks Shapeways!!

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    That is amazing! I wouldn't wear it, but I would think a lady would.

3. polyoptics
    polyoptics Member
    Hahah, yes I think it will appeal more to women, but its all good! ;)

Thanks!

4. polyoptics
    polyoptics Member
    This item is now available for purchase in my shop!! :)
    I can't wait to try it in silver!!

Here is my original design art work:

ZHG_tweakForSW.jpg

Thanks!
    -poly

5. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Ohw, very sweet :)

Based on that artwork you could make it a two-parter : A silver(steel) cow holding a golden(bronze) heart :)

6. 48672_deleted
    48672_deleted Member
    Hello friend,
    Very nice !
    It looks like a newly small born baby.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2010
  7. daddymack
    daddymack Member
    Hi Polyoptics, I remember this piece from when you posted it at cgtalk.. Its innocence and simplicity really left an impact. like others have said I think the detail is lost and if you could make it 2 part in 2 finishes it wd be stunning... Keep the great work flowing:)

8. polyoptics
    polyoptics Member
    Thanks all, for the comments. :)

It is a very interesting idea to create the heart and body from different materials. I would love to try this, but I am not sure at all how best to have them fit together. They are made of metal, so I am stuck thinking that most of the snap together methods from WSF won't help me much.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how I could get that to work at his small scale?

Thanks again!

9. My first thought would be to rig the 'tail' of the heart so it's got a small hook on it; you could slip the tail through the loop made by the character's arms and hook it under them. Maybe for extra security the character could have a loop of its own that hides behind the heart so that both pieces are attached directly to the chain (sort of like my I Ching pendants; the two halves are put together and then threaded).

Hopefully that doesn't sound more complicated than what I'm visualising. :p

Andy

10. polyoptics
    polyoptics Member
    Interesting idea, I have been brain storming about it and there are a few things I would like to try. I think however, I will try them on a new model and leave this as a 1 material piece. :D

The detail is there and I think as solid silver it will be great. In the photo it's a little hard to see, mostly because it is very over exposed. The youtube version is much more accurate; the small scale reproduction did hit and exceed my expectations.

Thanks for the ideas, it got me to examine my girlfriends jewelry and really sparked some thoughts!

On a side note she absolutely loved it and is wearing it all the time now. It hangs well off the chain too! :) :)

11. 8177_deleted
    8177_deleted Member
    I would buy a full colour print of it :)

12. daddymack
    daddymack Member
  13. polyoptics
    polyoptics Member
    Really? :D Its amazing for me to think that people would want to buy something I made, THANKS!!

..by full colour, you mean in sandstone?

I ordered the material sample pack and can't wait to get it because I always thought the sandstone looked like it had a weird feel to it.

We'll see soon enough.
    Thanks again!!