Communicating Pricing

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 6876_deleted, Aug 26, 2008.

1. 6876_deleted
    6876_deleted Member

I thought a nice way to give potential users a proportionate and tangible notion of pricing, would be to give the prices next to the photos of the work you've done. A measure or ruler would help give scale.

Or do a few samples if copyrights a problem, but estimated costs across the materials spectrum would be a fantastic bit of help to your clients.

It would give people a strong idea of where their project needs fell in the scheme of things. I always feel it's better having a ballpark idea about where a given service or purchase will fit in an overall project budget. Keeps things streamlined.

Keep up the good work.

2. Dalhimar
    Dalhimar Member
    The material prices range from about 1.87USD per cubic CM, to 2.89 per cubic CM.
    https://www.shapeways.com/about/material-options
    I do agree though that it would be nice to know how much somthing cost without havnin to get it into your shopping cart.
    The size is listed, on the right hand side of the page in the details.
    Or were you thinking of having somthing added to the visuals so you could see a relative scale(1cm cube or somthing of the like next to the model)?

3. robert
    robert Member
    Yes, you are right.

We will make the prices available with the models. We actually see a lot of people using the shopping cart to get a feel of the prices.

Stay tuned!

Cheers!

Robert

4. 6876_deleted
    6876_deleted Member

Dahlimar,

I was thinking just an xyz axis with a scale. It would be hard use an actual volume visual measure, as most designs would (i'm guessing) try to incorporate voids within the material to cutdown on actual material used, but perhaps not.

Glad to hear input from the users is taken seriously by this company, and that we all seem to be on the same page