Samurai

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by 44977_deleted, Aug 13, 2010.

1. 44977_deleted
    44977_deleted Member
    So it came out much better than i was expecting and i cant wait to print my next model! I did remove alot of the spikes on my model, but im still very happy.

[​IMG]

I lost my digital camera so i used my webcam, srry about the image quality.

2. That looks really cool, and I'm looking forward to seeing proper hi-res photos once you find your camera again! :)

What size did you print it, after all?

Andy

3. chris89
    chris89 Member
    So glad you got this printed! It looks gorgeous

Which material did you go for?
    are you planning to do some post work? (even just giving it a gray prime layer will pull out a lot of the details.)

Can't wait to see a bigger picture :) really nice job.

4. 44977_deleted
    44977_deleted Member
    thanks guys :)

@ andy:
    I printed it out at about 7.9 inches high. the other two dimensions i dont remember XD

@ chris:
    I went for white, strong and flexible. I wanted to do some kind of bronze finish, but some of the details are so small im afraid i might ruin it.

5. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Looks good from what I can see. Looking forward to seeing better photo's...

Glenn

6. I don't think you'll have a problem, as long as you use thinned coats. WSF is extremely absorbent, so if you thin your paint, it'll soak it straight in (which is great, since it allows for a pretty hard-wearing paintjob). If you want to go for a bronze finish, I'd recommend first giving it a wash or two in a red-brown colour; metallic paints don't necessarily cover very well, and pre-tinting the model will help it a lot.

Andy

7. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Wow is all I have to say dude. Amazing keep it coming.

8. chaitanyak
    chaitanyak Member
    nice,.. really inspiring stuff!
    please post more pics soon