Help with blender model

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by 3DKits, Aug 11, 2010.

1. 3DKits
    3DKits Member
    I have been trying to get the non manifold issue worked out on this model but cant seem to get it. I am using blender for this model. Any help would be great!

Attached Files:

• URN.obj

File size:
      2.8 MB
      Views:
  2. clsn
    clsn Well-Known Member
    OK, I took a close look at the non-manifold bits. Hit shft-ctrl-M to select only the non-manifold vertices, and then shift-H to hide all the other vertices, then zoom in on one group. The groups are at the tips of those long curved shapes. At the very tip of each one, there is an unconnected vertex with a ring of other unconnected vertices around it, and the actual surface has a jagged hole in the end around them.

Use the Mesh->Scripts->Clean Meshes scripts to get rid of the free vertices. Then you'll have to go into each of the holes and close it up, presumably by making faces that complete the surface. There might be a faster way to do that.

3. 3DKits
    3DKits Member
    Thanks for the help! I am still trying to learn this program, knowing how to do this helps alot!

Thanks again!

4. clsn
    clsn Well-Known Member
    I'm still learning it too (believe me, I am *FAR* from an expert at Blender). The more you learn about it, the cooler it gets. That's probably true of a lot of complicated programs. As you tinker with it, you'll stumble upon more and more of its features.

5. Cre83D
    Cre83D Member
    Hi,

Very nice to find some Blender mates :)

I have watched your urn, looks nice.

Created with 3 objects.
    Made the main object hollow for you.
    Some correction are simple to fix with Netfabb.

But with blender also good to do.
    I hope you like it.

Good luck

Greetings
    Peter

Attached Files: