Transforming hexpod figure "Doubletime"

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by Drawn_Steel_Hero, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Following the semi-success of my Despoiler figure (it still needs some modding, but I'm pretty happy with it), I've created a second in the Hex series; Doubletime! This fella will be a 20-piece kit, which, when assembled, will form a 58mm tall robot figure, with 11 points of articulation, and built-in flip-out rifles!

Front and rear views below; click the thumbnails for full-sized pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just need to separate the pieces and build a sprue for them, then I'll be uploading and ordering a test print.

Enjoy! :D

Andy

2. Well, fingers crossed; I've just ordered my test-print for Doubletime, as well as the new turbo rifle I just uploaded. :)

The impatient twitching begins anew... :p

Andy

3. 38453_deleted
    38453_deleted Member
    Very cool! Good luck with the test fit

4. chd
    chd Member
    I want to get one... when he is done.

5. Fantastic! :)
    I've had my first test print (as shown in the "It's Arrived!" forum), and I think I've now fixed the few problems I had. I'll be re-uploading the model very soon and hopefully ordering a new test print within the next couple of days. So DT should (fingers crossed) be available for sale within a week or two. :)

Andy

6. chd
    chd Member
    Boo-Yah Andy!

Any way you could adapt the design to look like a coke can?

7. Hmm... that's an interesting idea. It might be possible... *searches for chin-rubbing smiley*... :p

It would still have to be a paint-it-yourself job of course, as the only way of doing pre-printed is sandstone, and that really wouldn't work with the design (it pushes the boundaries of WSF as it is). :p

Andy

8. chd
    chd Member
    Of course, I'm just putting random Ideas out there :D

:rolleyes:

:eek:

If he ccan't kill you with his blaster, he'll poison your soft-drink! lol.