Not for sale issue and updates

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by sublimate, Jul 16, 2010.

1. sublimate
    sublimate Member
    I noticed a bug in my shop/models and in some other shop/models. Some items are listed as not for sale in the shop, but are for sale in models.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  2. pete
    pete Shapeways Employee CEO
    Hi,

we will look into it.

regards,
    Peter

3. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    Have you tried to reload the page. Sometimes that helps.

Woody64

4. jasolo
    jasolo Member
    Same problem here and reloading has not worked. Anyway, I had to relocate one of my products and after the process I have had to reload the page because the button for viewing the 2th page didn't worked. Then the problem of "not for sale" has disappeared :eek: .

5. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    I have just noticed in a search here that many items (including at least one of mine) are shown in a search and marked Not For Sale, even though they have a shopping cart icon attached. Clicking on the item will allow ordering but this is very confusing. What gives?

The search I did is below:
    [category]=&mg[search][text]=dolphin+necklace+pendant]https://www.shapeways.com/gallery?mg [search][category]=&mg[search][text]=dolphin+necklace+pe ndant

Glenn

**EDIT** Really bizarre... I just did the same search and now all seems in order again !!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  6. barrys
    barrys Shapeways Employee Dev Team
    Hi Glenn,

we are aware of the problem that the search index is not always updated as it should be and we are working on it.

Barry

7. photosfromrob
    photosfromrob Member
    Models mysteriously go "not for sale" and it's annoying. Yesterday some of my models were marked not for sale....I don't have any that I marked that way. Today some of those were back to normal and others were not for sale. I clicked on one (not for sale) and on the model page everything was OK. Why can't this be fixed? I've seem this happen for some time and reported it, but it persists.

8. bartv
    bartv Member
    Argh! I'll pass that on to development straight away.

Bart

9. AotrsCommander
    AotrsCommander Well-Known Member
    I appear to have the same issue on some of my models. The pink "for sale" icon is displayed correctly, but instead of the price, it reads "not for sale". I double-checked the permissions, and all were set to show and allowing ordering and available for everyone.

10. 34534_deleted
    34534_deleted Member
    We apologize for the problem our IT guys are working on it

11. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Almost ALL my models turned to "not for sale" .... why? :confused

12. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
    Hi Shapeways,

Here is yet another newly introduced bug on your website. For some strange reason, many of my models are marked "not for sale" at my shop page.

However, they ARE for sale!!!! Click on the models and you will be able to but them. However, with this bug, how would my customers know that the models are actually for sale?

See screenshots below. I haven't touched these models for a while, so I guess there is a bug at the Shapeways side.Please correct!

Oskar

Screenshot no.1: My Shapeways Shop showing many models "not for sale".
    Oskar Puzzles - why not for sale.jpg

Screenshot no.2: But yes, the models ARE for sale.

Screenshot no.3: Here you can see that I have set my checkmarks correctly.

13. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Screenshot no.2: But yes, the models ARE for sale.
    Oskar Puzzles - they can be ordered.jpg

14. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Screenshot no.3: Here you can see that I have set my checkmarks correctly.
    Oskar Puzzles - correctly marked.jpg

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  15. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oh, and why can I post only one image per message?
    And why do I need to a minute before I am allowed to add the next message with image?
    Oskar

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  16. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Same with my shop - it's a website-wide bug...

Oskar, love your work !

17. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    Hi Oskar,

Shapeways are aware of the bug and are looking into resolving the issue.

We will give you an update on the fix as soon as possible

Thank you for your informing us and your patience as it is sorted out.

Thanks

Duann

18. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I'm not certain on why some parts of the forum allow 3 and others 1, other then the it arrived section, you want them to show off their prints. Waiting a minute is so a bot doesn't come in and hit send send send and fill the forum before it can be removed.

19. barrys
    barrys Shapeways Employee Dev Team
    Hi Oskar,

we are aware of the problem and are still working on it. The problem lies on our end.

Barry

20. BarryThomas
    BarryThomas Member
    It is happening to my shop today as well. This bug (according to your forums) has been around for more than a year - that's terrible. Please fix the bugs before adding any more functionality?!

B.