Right clicking on images

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 4077_deleted, Aug 22, 2008.

1. 4077_deleted
    4077_deleted Member
    Hi.

Could you make it so that when you get the full size image when you click on the thumbnail in a gallery you can easily right-click on that image to save it? Breaking this web convention and the workarounds I have to use to save the image otherwise is very annoying.

2. 4808_deleted
    4808_deleted Member
    If you are using firefox, you can override website functionality to do this. It is a javascript thing, so if you go to Tools -> Options -> Content and click on the Advanced button on Javascript, you will see a checkbox there for "Disable or replace context menus". Make sure that is unchecked and you'll be free of websites doing annoying things like that.

3. 4077_deleted
    4077_deleted Member
    Thank you. I did not realize I could do that. But really I only mentioned it in the forum because I thought it was the kind of web usability thing you would want to hear about during the period where you considered this website as a beta.

Edit:

No. That won't fix it. the box was already unchecked. Somehow the context menu doesn't recognize that I'm hovering over a picture when that little frame comes up.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  4. robert
    robert Member
    Hi,

It works fine on my computer (Linux, Firefox 2).

What is your setup?

It is not a conscience decision by us to disable saving of the fullsize pictures.

Best regards,

Robert

5. Dalhimar
    Dalhimar Member
    I am using Firefox 3, with almost all settings the same as the time of install and it works perfectly fine for me.
    Vista ultimate, firefox 3.

6. 4077_deleted
    4077_deleted Member
    Hmm, I'm using XP pro, Firefox 2.0.0.3 I guess I need to update my browser.