Enhanced Shop description page

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by woody64, Jul 13, 2010.

1. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    Maybe I was the only person who was not aware of this:

If you copy a part of a html page into the shop extended description the complete html layout is taken over.

As result:
    - design your shop descrption in any html editor
    - go into WYSIWYG mode
    - copy the result
    - paste it in the extended shop description
    - save it

I always tried only the features (bold, italic, underline) and was complaining about the missing links functionality.
    Since also adding some html code didn't work it was a missing feature for me.
    Never had the idea to copy a ready formatted html page.

Thanks to virtox for advising me to do that.

Woody64
    https://www.shapeways.com/shops/MinifigCustomsIn3d

2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Ah ! Now I understand your question :)
    The shop description edit box seems to miss some buttons !

But, I never use those inline tools anyway, copy-pasting from an off-line editor is much easier.

Well, glad I could help :)

Cheers,

Stijn

3. rawkstar320
    rawkstar320 Member
    I noticed that recently it allowed you to add paragraphs, I didnt notice the bold and other HTML stuff you can add. Thats really cool. Ill have to play with that sometime. :p

4. GHP
    GHP Member
    This is nice, but are other people having any luck adding Shop Sections or Categories from this page? I still can't do that.

5. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    @virtox
    Yes, you can simple copy it. But it's only possible for this kind of box since the shapeways programmers have used a special kind of input type. It doesn't work for any other. You can't do that with the decription input box.

@GHP you mean adding a link to a shop section in the extended description?

Woody64

6. GHP
    GHP Member
    Actually, I meant that I couldn't add shop sections and categories on the same page where you enter the shop description, but maybe that's only in Internet Explorer 8. I've now tried it in Firefox, and I was able to add shop sections (although some other things aren't working quite as expected, e.g. going directly to the last page of my items after moving one from the end to the start). Now my problem is that it isn't showing all the items I've added to all of my categories, although it usually seems to show most of them. The first time I checked in Firefox, I had just finished adding them and was still logged in, and it was showing only a small sample in all but one category. I then tried it without logging in in Internet Explorer, and it did much better, but still missed items in some categories.

Edit: I guess they weren't showing up in the shop sections because of a delay in the updates. They all seem to be showing up now.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010