categories question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MichielCornelissen, Jul 9, 2010.

1. I'm just getting round to fiddling with the new categories... is it true that I can select only one category, or is the interface playing up? Using firefox on mac.

For some of my models it seems I can't change the default at all...

2. 30575_deleted
    30575_deleted Member
    Same problem for me. Additionally, I have to switch to IE 8 to be able to add my models into categories . These menus simply don't work for me on win 7 Firefox 3.6.6 (loading blue page shows up and nothing happens).

3. 34534_deleted
    34534_deleted Member
    I will report to our tech guys

4. 34534_deleted
    34534_deleted Member
    Michiel,
    you should be able to add 2 categories to each product

5. It seems I can choose one category and a subcategory; and one where I'm stuck in the main category. Or something, I doesn't seem to behave consistently.

6. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    What is probably happening : models where automatically added to the appropriate sub-categories. (without tagging the main parent category)
    So probably one of the sub-categories is still tagged, preventing you from adding new ones.

Whoops never mind :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  7. barrys
    barrys Shapeways Employee Dev Team
    Michiel, can you tell me for which model ID's, you got the problems?

Last tuesday all models that had only the subcategorie chosen were also added to the appriopiate parent categories, so that problem should have been solved.

I will also look into the problems with the 'hanging' blue overlay in Firefox.

8. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Michiel,

Once the first category/sub-caterory is selected, did you try checking directly the second sub-category box without checking the second category?

9. Brilliant magic - that seems to work!

10. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    :)
    Now what we know what the work-around is, I am convinced Shapeways team will soon fix the bug...