Minimal surfaces in plated steel

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by pendarestan, Jul 31, 2015.

1. pendarestan
    pendarestan Well-Known Member
    Hello everyone! It's been a while since I posted minimal surface prints. I just had Dodecamobiustar and Hexagram 2 printed in steel and thought you'd be interested.

Dodecamobiustar (2 in) in polished nickel steel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hexagram 2 (1? in) in polished gold steel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. The shadows are fascinating because they look too small, especially for the Dodecamobiustar with the yellow background, where one of the "faces" seems to be detached and floating inside a shell.

If you haven't seen them yet, check out the WSF prints of my earlier minimal surfaces at First batch of minimal surfaces or in my shop.

I'm looking forward to creating more pieces and sharing them with you. Please share with interested friends! :)

2. pendarestan
    I have two new prints for you. One's in plastic but I'll post it here anyway (it's also available in steel). Click below for more photos. What do you think?

Multitudinous Mobius Voronoi (2 in) in polished gold steel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mobius strip Voronoi (5½ in) in polished blue S&F

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for taking a look. Be sure to tell a friend and have a great week. :)

3. pendarestan
    I printed Octaprop in pendant size. I hope you like it. Click below for more photos.

Octaprop pendant (1 in) in raw bronze

[​IMG]