Question about new pricing model

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by drew1000, Jul 4, 2010.

1. drew1000
    drew1000 Member
    I don't know if this is the right sub-forum to post this, but I wanted to ask if the new pricing model, if it is successfull, will be extended or be made permenant?

Thanks, :)
    Andrew

2. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hi Andrew,

I wouldn't be surprised. We do a lot of experimenting with new options to see how they work out. If people like it a lot and it helps us to provide a better service / make a better price for everyone, then yeah, we'll keep it ;)

Cheers,

Bart

3. drew1000
    drew1000 Member
    Thank you, I think that keeping the new model would benefit everyone because it makes models cheaper and promotes bigger orders.

I added a poll to my post so everyone can vote whether they like the new model or not.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  4. bartv
    bartv Member
    A poll?! What? How!

Also, I can't seem to vote?

Bart

5. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Hi Bart,

Make sure you are logged in :laughing:
    You should see two radio buttons and a vote button.
    If you see the results, you are either not logged in or you already voted :p

I voted yes ;) I can not really think of any reason why anyone would vote no ? Good poll ! ;)

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  6. drew1000
    drew1000 Member
    Polls are easy to create. All you have to do is click [create poll] above the message icons.

I am hoping I can get enough people to respond to the poll so the new pricing model is kept. :)

Keep the votes coming,
    Andrew

7. bartv
    bartv Member
    Wow, I've only been using this forum software for two years now and never even noticed that :eek: Thanks!

Bart

8. drew1000
    drew1000 Member
    Your welcome

I am having a problem with the new pricing model. Today all of my models are almost double what they should be. It almost appears that the new model has been taken off completely. Could shapeways look into this?

If anyone cares, here are the prices of some of my models originally and their prices now. (You can see all of these on my shop)

1. Crazy quartet: was $100 now $130
    2. 1x2x7: was $65 now $75
    3. 1x2xn set: was $170 now $250 :confused

I would appreciate it if shapeways could resolve this problem quickly.

Andrew

9. 42938_deleted
    42938_deleted Member
    I agree! I was tempted to just say no to the poll because my secret project now costs $120 more!!!

Everything else is also more expensive.

10. drew1000
    drew1000 Member
    A problem with saying no to the poll is that they will nix the new model completely. :laughing:

@puzzlemaster: you might want to be carefull about ordering something more than $200. you will have to pay fees to ups depending on where you live.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  11. 42938_deleted
    42938_deleted Member
    Well the project I'm working on is well over $200 with even the correct pricing. So far I've never needed to pay UPS extra and if that turns out to be true for me, I'll just split it up into different orders.

On a side note, my test of WSF arrived! Say hello to the Black Hole Cube.
    (Fused Cube with corner removed)

12. 31665_deleted
    31665_deleted Member
    I made a chart of all material prices in shapeways vs volume, there are some interesting things, like, over a certain volume is actually cheaper to print gold plated stainless than regular stainless(!)

all-materials.jpg

13. 34534_deleted
    34534_deleted Member
    I will ask our tech guys to look into this, thanks in advance for your patience

14. hans_lambermont
    hans_lambermont Shapeways Employee Dev Team
    Hi all.
    The WSF volume discount is restored.
    Sorry for the mess.

-- Hans