They That Go Down To The Sea In Ships

Discussion in 'Other Interest Groups' started by gjholmes77, Jul 27, 2015.

1. gjholmes77
    gjholmes77 Member
    Hello All,

I have been having a blast designing detail parts for my Trumpeter 1:350 scale USS Nimitz on Shapeways. I have also been enjoying a lot of the great works from other designers on here. It seems that the lost art of ship making is alive and well around here! I realize that the current colloquialism for users of this site is 'Shapies'... I suppose that means the people who do ships on here are called 'Ship Shapies'!

Well, pardon the cheesy enthusiasm and post all things ship here. My favorite resource so far has been this site:

HSNA.org

It contains enough info to keep me modeling well past my years.

Enjoy!

Greg

2. jordanbanks
    jordanbanks Well-Known Member
    Hello how are you I too love to model sea models; I go for more of a fantasy feel to it one of my second designs was a divers mask.

3. patmat2350
    patmat2350 Well-Known Member
  4. gjholmes77
    gjholmes77 Member
    Excellent work Pat! What modeling program(s) did you use?

5. patmat2350
    Thanks!
    I'm lucky to have access to CATIA, which I can use from home... cars, planes, and spaceships are designed with this package...

6. patmat2350
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  7. sbhunterca
    sbhunterca Well-Known Member
    Beautiful work, Pat!

I'm a railway modeller, but love seeing nice models of ships, armour, vehicles, planes, architecture, or any other subject matter. Thanks for posting!

Steve Hunter

8. MikeyBugs95
    MikeyBugs95 Well-Known Member
    So far I've just done a set of hawsepipes in 1/700. But I did get a request for a pair in 1/48. Hey pat, your smaller chain, is that small enough for 1/700? I need a chain for a Cleveland cruiser build I'm doing.

9. patmat2350
    Nope; get a bigger boat please. The smallest is slightly oversized for 1:200 BB's.