Voyager Characters

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by jmw326, Jun 30, 2010.

1. jmw326
    jmw326 Member
    Hello all. My first models from Shapeways arrived. I made a couple of heads for the Diamond Select 7" figures. First up is Chakotay and Tuvok as they appear in the Voyager Homecoming novels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I can't wait for 7 of 9. Had such a crush on her lol

3. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Is that WSF and hand painted or a full color sandstone??

They look too well polished ...

Care to explain what you did here?

good job cadet ! :D

4. jmw326
    jmw326 Member
    It is WSF hand painted. I have done most of the main crew so far. I just need time to work on them. LOL.
    I have to say that I was skeptical at first. I have looked into getting my models printed several times over the years but most places are to expensive. So I thought this would be a "to good to be true" situation. But it has turned out to pretty fun and an overall great experience.

5. bartv
    bartv Member
    Nice job! Great painting, too. How much did it take you to paint each character?

Cheers,

Bart

6. jmw326
    jmw326 Member
    I did the painting on both in two days. I did the base painting one day and then the detail work the next. Then sealed it the second evening.

7. bartv
    bartv Member
    Wow, that's a lot of work :) Are you planning to model the entire crew?

Did you consider using Full Color Sandstone for these models by the way?

Bart

8. jmw326
    jmw326 Member
    I am planning on doing the main cast. so far I have: Janeway, Chakotay, B'lanna, Tuvok, Paris, Kim and the EMH modeled.

I am not sure about the full color sandstone. How does that work? I am a bit of a do it yourselfer when it comes to this sort of thing. I enjoy the painting and all that goes into it.

9. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I don't think sandstone would look as nice as your painting. I don't see 7 of 9 on your list :mad: lol. I can't recall, but didn't EMH (Doctor) get a name eventually? I'd like to see a model of the Bridge :eek: . I was dedicated to the series, watched every episode I think. An interesting model would be Neelix. That would be fun to paint to say the least. And the Warp 10 shuttle, that thing was HOT.

10. I agree, I don't think the sandstone would work half as well in this case. Plus wouldn't it work out too rough?
    These are beautifully modelled, even before you get to the paintjob; I'm particularly impressed with B'Elanna.
    Do you have the rest of the heads printed yet?

Regarding the EMH's name, I don't think he ever settled on one. He did settle on "Schweitzer" at one point, but soon after a hologram of Freya "died". and he decided it'd bring up painful memories everytime he heard the name. I think he picked a few others throughout the series, but they were all similarly short-lived.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  11. jmw326
    jmw326 Member
    Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I am still hoping that Diamond Select Toys will make a 7 of 9 figure but if not she will be added eventually. I have not printed them all yet. I kind of have to do it a little at a time as funds come in. I have Janeway and the Dr (EMH) printed and am working on painting them in my spare time. I should have Janeway done soon.

Drawn-Steel Hero you are absolutely right about the Doc's name. Although I believe in the finale (in the future) he had ended up going just with John.

12. According to WikiP it was Joe. And that was in the future (or a future ;)), so whether "our" EMH finally chose it is debatable. Damn potential paradoxes... :p

How are you getting the bodies for these figs, anyway? Are they from DS versions of the same characters, or are you buying figures with suitable bodies and attaching the new heads?

Andy

13. jmw326
    jmw326 Member
    Ahh That's right. It was Joe.

The bodies are from DST. They are repainted DS9 Bashir and O'brien bodies. I pick up extras every now then if I find them on sale for just such projects. Since DST never did Voyager figures it is up to me. LOL

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  14. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    WOW,

they are amazing,

well done

Youknowwho4eva, My wife also has a crush on 7 of 9....

15. jmw326
    jmw326 Member
    Here are the Doc and Janeway. I plan to eventualy mod Janeway into an Admirals uniform

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. HaVoC373
    HaVoC373 Member
    i really love the likeness of these figures. very nice for something this size

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  17. jmw326
    jmw326 Member
    And so you can see them in their classic uniforms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. SDabbs
    SDabbs Member
    Excellent work!!

19. Spectoys
    Spectoys Well-Known Member
    Really Amazing !!!! :eek: