Gear Buttons, Triple Gear Necklace, and squishy Spiral Necklace

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by 35653_deleted, Jun 29, 2010.

1. 35653_deleted
    35653_deleted Member
    Three of my long- awaited designs have finally arrived! :D

First up is my gear buttons. I ordered them in Grey Robust and Alumide.

gearbuttonsruler.jpg

They came out really well! The grey robust material is what I expected 3d printing to be from the beginning: hard plastic, low detail, with visible ridges. But, it works with these steampunk buttons, and I'm really happy with the way they came out!

Next is my Triple Gear Necklace in WSF:

gearnecklaceruler.jpg

Again, I'm very happy with the way it came out. I didn't mean for it to actually work, so it was no surprise that the gears fused to the sides. But the hanging loop turned nicely after I dislodged some remaining support material. I might tweak the gears just a little so there's more definition in the fused parts, but it's okay the way it is.

Finally, my pride and joy, the squishy Spiral Pendant!

spiralpendant.jpg
    spiralpendantsquish.jpg

This is my first experience printing something flexible in the dyed WSF material, and I'm just as giddy as can be! It's so fun to stretch and squish, I keep acting like a little kid playing with it. ;)

I can't wait for my next order! Shapeways continues to impress!

2. 31665_deleted
    31665_deleted Member
    They turned out looking much better than i expected!

3. euphy
    euphy Member
    That squishy pendant is very cute.

4. 35653_deleted
    35653_deleted Member
    I'm almost afraid I'll break it by squishing it too much. :p Well, I can always get another one, that's the beauty of Shapeways!

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I bet you could sell them too Verizon, I know they'd love to finally crush AT&T. (Kinda looks like the AT&T logo)