Happy shapes with vibrant summer colors

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by ibec, Jun 18, 2010.

1. ibec
    ibec Member
    The new summer colors came just in time for my recent models: the Ampelmann STOP + GO and the Roof Kids. And it was a good opportunity to test my new cardbox photo studio :) Now it's just a matter of good sunlight to shoot some fancy photos!

summer shapes.jpg

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  2. 8177_deleted
    8177_deleted Member
    Very cute! I like it :)

3. pp
    pp Member
    Very nice!!

What do you think of the new summer colors now you have seen them?

And are you going.... or have you already send a request so the pendant will get a necklace added once ordered? .... check the shopowners news letter?

Peter Paul

4. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    Great designs Fantastic Photos...

I love the Roof Kids Set and it is so good to see them well documented using the DIY studio/box, although your previous photos were pretty good too, especially the cute jaccuzi shots..

cheers

Duann

5. ibec
    ibec Member
    Peter Paul,

The summer colors are very vibrant and catchy, but... The current post-production dying process makes the basic WSF print more fragile. The color layer is very thin and the dying process can leave your print with lines and curly sections. I ordered 16 Roof Kids of which 1 was unusable. Plus, we like to have the post-production coloring process in our own hands, so next time we will order basic WSF or Alumide again.

The necklace packaging is a very nice step into a complete and finished product offering. But like the coloring process, we like to give each necklace a personal touch and adjust the necklace to the model and client (see some samples in the pictures below). Especially the adjustable cord approach on the Heart Head - with a Personal Bead in the cord - is a great success.

How about the DIY Swarovski approach to a finished product offering. Last summer, we were at the Swarovski factory in Innsbruck with of course an extensive visit to the visitor shop. You can get the necklaces in this shop as either a finished product or a package with the parts that you have to assemble yourself. And the DIY packages are half the price of the finished product! So what Shapeways could do is add an extra step to the ordering process, where one can pick its own necklace that fits the model at its best (material, color, size, etc). And with a simple assembly process, the receiver can do the finishing.

Cheers, Ivo

necklace.jpg

6. pp
    pp Member
    Hi Ivo,

Thanks for the feedback.

The color issues I'll forward to CS to look into.

The hangers look very good. The solution to solve the length of necklace is very nice..... will keep it in mind ;)

The approach of Swarovski is something to keep in mind. Maybe a next phase... for us.
    We first want to see if people (designers and customers) are interested in receiving final propositions.

Peter Paul

7. ibec
    ibec Member
    Saved the best for last... The real bling this summer are of course the golden shapes! Now that the gold is mine, the next shape will be a goldmine ;)

goldenshapes.jpg

8. pp
    pp Member
    Very nice ..... !!

Funny idea BTW a gold mine ;)

great picture to

9. 33210_deleted
    33210_deleted Member
    Oooh the models look extra cool in Gold Plated!

Very nice :)