Need HELP to cut of / alter something of a model

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 329118_deleted, May 22, 2015.

1. Hello Pros,

I need to get the threats cut of.. maybe just leave the last 1-2 threats on it but the rest has to go or even better, flatten the last 2 threat lines.

Im an absolutely newbie to all this and if someone can help me out with that - that would be highly appreciated.

:)

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  2. barvec
    barvec Member
    It might be a good idea to include an image of the final design. You might get more responses.

Just a recommendation :)

3. yes you are right..

well here is what I have and what I am looking for. Im not sure but I doubt its a lot of work to flatten the threats out - I just dont know who to do it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. barvec
    barvec Member
    Much Better w Image. :)

This really should not be a problem, if you know how to use program in Ooenscad.

Because you are asking this question, I assume you don't know Openscad. Am I correct?

If you did know it, you would do the following:

1. Create a cube and locate it where you want part(s) removed and subtract cube

2. Create cylinder and subtract whole out of middle to cover last threads ( or you could find thread cutting portion of file and delete)

How are your Openscad programming skills ?

:)

5. very very fragile are my skills :) I will give it a shot ! thanks a lot

6. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    Do you mean as the image shows?

Capture.PNG

7. almost !!!! no threats at all.. if you can do it all pipe and just cut it shorter :) thats fantastic THANKS

8. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

9. oh wow.. you are awesome ! thanks so much !!!!!!