Dumbbell Pendant - First Order in Rhodium Plated

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by M_A_T, Apr 26, 2015.

1. M_A_T
    M_A_T Member
    Hi @all !

I received one of my Dumbbell Pendants, that's the first i ordered in Rhodium plated .

Here it's in my shop: https://shpws.me/EPGb

DSC09569.JPG

DSC09597.JPG

DSC09613.JPG

I'm very satisfied with the result, Shapeways did a great job here. The Surface is beautiful shiny and smooth!

As you can see, the piece is not polished completely, there are Zones that are not. I think this makes the Dumbbell more realistic, i love it!

But this leads me to the following question: How can i make shure that my customer will receive it in this way (the picture he see's in my shop) in the future ? This "Polish Information" is nowhere stored ...

Someone know a solution ?

Markus

2. seriaforma
    seriaforma Well-Known Member
    This came out great! And I really like the rhodium.

I was looking at the photos and thinking how nice the texture was and then I read your description. Are you saying you did not texture them but whoever did the polishing made the design choice to leave them unpolished? If so, how nice to have someone work on your model with a eye for the final outcome! I've often thought that a "notes" section should be available for the designer to give the production people extra info would be highly desirable. Then you could request orientation, identify areas that need extra attention, or finishing preferences.

3. M_A_T
    M_A_T Member
    Hi seriaforma,

yes, there's no texture applied from me.

I would love the possibility of giving some additional notes to Shapeways, but i understand that this is not so easy to handle for them, because some ' wishes'may cause problems or additional costs ...

Markus

4. DBTops
    DBTops Well-Known Member
    Nice work, I can't wait to try that material out for myself.

5. M_A_T
    M_A_T Member
    Hi Dalton,

I'm shure you'll love it!

Markus

6. aimeemoyer
    aimeemoyer Shapeways Employee Ecommerce Team
    This looks so good!

7. M_A_T
    M_A_T Member
    Thank you Aimee!

I know that this is not a Geometry that only can be made with 3D-Printing, but 3D-Printing enabled me to create it.

And I really love the Precious Plated Metals.

Markus

8. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    Ahh yes great and fun design, I don't even work out but still go wow that's cool !
    The contrast beween polished and raw material works out so well here :D