Model errors make the model volume and price bigger

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by AM15, Mar 29, 2015.

1. AM15
    AM15 Member
    I uploaded the model. I know that it's okay for the model 3d preview to look a little different. The problem is with this preview 3d model changing the price of the model dramatically. My original model is like a mask with thin walls. The preview model caps the hole in the back of the mask to look like a full head (half of it) with a lot of volume. The price because of this error is over $1000. Can the price be calculated properly, as the original model uses very few material?

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Not sure where you inferred that from - the model in the "thin walls check" preview may look a bit rugged sometimes due to the way that check decomposes and analyzes your model, but the general preview should be an accurate "what you see is what you get" image.
    Any discrepancies usually arise from errors in the uploaded model - triangles with the corners listed in the wrong winding order making that part of the surface appear to be "inside out", or in your case unintended holes in the skin that make it "not watertight", i.e. not a well defined mesh object. The site software, a derivative of netfabb studio, will try to fix such problems automatically rather than reject them outright, but it has no concept of what an object "should look like", and may pick the wrong set of vertices when closing a gaping hole (across the intended opening instead of along its rim in your case).
    For your original model, no "proper" price can be calculated as it is not a "proper" object - if the holes are not also apparent in your modeling software, perhaps netfabb studio basic (cross-platform freeware from netfabb.com) can help you identify and fix them.

3. AM15
    AM15 Member
    Thank you! I will try netfabb.

4. That problem solve it.It's not big issue.

5. AM15
    AM15 Member
    It's already solved. I uploaded the models.